ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Up and down Vicky had a bad one saturday memory is still bad finding this hard to do finding it harder to concentrate
Oh no. I'm going to miss your updates. Will @tina_marie be happy to keep us updated? Hoping we are still some support, even though things have settled down to changes rather than solutions.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I was actually thinking of leaving , but will stay just to keep people updated . Yesterday afternoon he had more seizures and today he fell asleep listening to music and when he woke he couldn't move his left arm or his legs . Not sure if there is a connection but when listening to music something always happens , usually a seizure .

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Oh no. I'm going to miss your updates. Will @tina_marie be happy to keep us updated? Hoping we are still some support, even though things have settled down to changes rather than solutions.
Once EMG study results have arrived will hopefully be in some kind of position plus got pain clinic at end of month .
It's because of the confusion getting worse don't post as much now

D

debrasue

Good evening, guys!
Hi TinyCat and welcome to the forum!
I'm tagging @daisy1 who will send you some information which you may find helpful.
In the meantime, browse the forums, have a good read, and ask any questions you need to - we are a friendly bunch on here!
Good luck on your journey, and keep sharing!
Hugs x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi TinyCat and welcome to the forum!
I'm tagging @daisy1 who will send you some information which you may find helpful.
In the meantime, browse the forums, have a good read, and ask any questions you need to - we are a friendly bunch on here!
Good luck on your journey, and keep sharing!
Hugs x

Hello @TinyCat33 and welcome. Here in my signature is the link to the information mentioned above which I hope you will find useful. It contains a lot of advice about carbs and a link to the Low Carb Program in case you might like to try it. Ask as many questions as you like and someone will be able to help.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ Liam 1955. Morning Liam dveryone, agsin congratulations, very happy for you all, Liam I know your busy now but if/when you have time I was wondering how did you get on with SR? You were put on higher dose I think, had call from nurse & she wants me to try agsin as she says it's better than bog standard, Still not got over flu on antibiotics for chest infection & suffering terrible twitches in my eye now!! Have good day everyone

D

debrasue

@ Liam 1955. Morning Liam dveryone, agsin congratulations, very happy for you all, Liam I know your busy now but if/when you have time I was wondering how did you get on with SR? You were put on higher dose I think, had call from nurse & she wants me to try agsin as she says it's better than bog standard, Still not got over flu on antibiotics for chest infection & suffering terrible twitches in my eye now!! Have good day everyone
Poor Maureen... The 'flu is horrible, isn't it? I wonder if perhaps your eye's twitching because you're tired? If you've got a bad cough you probably aren't getting much sleep, which can often make the tiny muscles around the eye twitch. Try putting on some soothing music, sit in a comfortable chair, rest your head backwards with a warm, damp flannel over your eyes and try a bit of meditation. I hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xx

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
You still not better @maureen5752 - Oh you poor thing, I am sending you big, big HUGS and Cuddles. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and if you don't feel like eating food? Have cupa-soups (my favourite is Leek & potato) but do watch the sugar content though. Your blood sugars are going to be raised anyway with being ill.
Since changing over to the SR Metformin the only thing I have noticed is I get mild pains going left to right across my lower abdomen! My blood sugars are erratic and there is no way I am going to increase my Insulin as I take 44 units a day, and I was/had hoped to start decreasing the Insulin once the SR version had kicked in.
The Diabetic Nurse at GP Surgery wants to see me after one month of being on the SR version of Metformin to check my Blood sugar result. So, I am persevering for now - got 2 weeks before it's a month.
Have to go Food Shopping in an hour (Yuk) but, I will survive:D.
Take Care Maureen:).xx

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poor Maureen... The 'flu is horrible, isn't it? I wonder if perhaps your eye's twitching because you're tired? If you've got a bad cough you probably aren't getting much sleep, which can often make the tiny muscles around the eye twitch. Try putting on some soothing music, sit in a comfortable chair, rest your head backwards with a warm, damp flannel over your eyes and try a bit of meditation. I hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xx
Hi Ive had twitching in eyes on/off for few months but it's got worse, spoke to optician & he said nerve could have been cut during op, need to get it checked, got to go for macular check up Friday so will mention it then see if they can help, tried getting doctors appiontment but no luck, how are you anyway? Good I hope? Good news about our friend. ' grand pops'. Love babies they're so cute x

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You still not better @maureen5752 - Oh you poor thing, I am sending you big, big HUGS and Cuddles. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and if you don't feel like eating food? Have cupa-soups (my favourite is Leek & potato) but do watch the sugar content though. Your blood sugars are going to be raised anyway with being ill.
Since changing over to the SR Metformin the only thing I have noticed is I get mild pains going left to right across my lower abdomen! My blood sugars are erratic and there is no way I am going to increase my Insulin as I take 44 units a day, and I was/had hoped to start decreasing the Insulin once the SR version had kicked in.
The Diabetic Nurse at GP Surgery wants to see me after one month of being on the SR version of Metformin to check my Blood sugar result. So, I am persevering for now - got 2 weeks before it's a month.
Have to go Food Shopping in an hour (Yuk) but, I will survive:D.
Take Care Maureen:).xx
Hi thanks, I was told to try SR again, I had cramps like you for couple days, but now suffer with terrible constipation, which I've never had before, quite opposite, so they gave me lactulose which is very sweet, but my sugars have gone up, never see a 5 or 6 now, mornings are 7.6 or 8+ !!!!!! But it's great that I can go out & not worry about tummy upset & I do sleep better, bgs are more stable but higher , which can't be good surely? Soon you'll be pushing a pram to go shopping x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @maureen5752 - Not been in long from shopping.
I get on prescription Sugar Free Orange flavoured Laxido sachets for the relief of Constipation. (Though I would rather eat a big plateful of cooked Sprouts with Walnuts).
The Baby and Parents requested a week without visitors so they could establish their own routine - which is quite right.
Off to go and have something to eat now.
Chat later. And hope you feel a wee bit better :)

Reactions: maureen5752

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hello @maureen5752 - Not been in long from shopping.
I get on prescription Sugar Free Orange flavoured Laxido sachets for the relief of Constipation. (Though I would rather eat a big plateful of cooked Sprouts with Walnuts).
The Baby and Parents requested a week without visitors so they could establish their own routine - which is quite right.
Off to go and have something to eat now.
Chat later. And hope you feel a wee bit better :)
I take the laxido William they smell of orange but sure don't taste of orange disgusting I make sure have something at hand to get the taste out of my mouth

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Afternoon everyone from a wet and dismal day in Notts :dummy1:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Evening almost ...have a great eve all

D

debrasue

@Liam1955
Hi William - how are you doing lately? I notice your FBS are higher than you like, why is that do you think?
I was wondering how you got on with your last visit to the consultant?
Sending you big hugs xx

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good afternoon from a bright and sunny Cumbria

Over on the costa del solway it is baking with many a folk cooling off in the sea to escape the heat of the day

The fells look pretty as the snow on the tops is glistening in the sun

Have a lovely weekend friends

Reactions: Liam1955