After effects of accidental insulin overdose

tinyroman

After eight hours waiting in A&E with a non-diabetes related problem, no sleep the following day to make it up, having to sort out Mum because she was assaulted that night, I was beyond shattered when I came to do my evening insulin, and got my doses mixed up. 36 Novorapid and 6 Lantus instead of the other way round. I hadn't realised this until I started feeling very strange and doses of glucose weren't raising my sugar levels. Fortunately my friend came home, and after 2 hours of getting me to drink orange juice and eat bits of bread, I came around (all I'd wanted was for her to go away and let me sleep).
It's now three days later, and although my sugar levels are normal again I still feel very unwell - shaky and nauseous. Is this to be expected? I've never done anything like od before and don't know if I just need to wait longer for it to wear off, or to mention it to the DN tomorrow. Thanks for any info you can give me.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@tinyroman The effects of bad hypos can last a couple of days or so - headaches, weakness, just feeling not right. But as it's been 3 days for you I'd expect to see some improvement. Is it possible your nausea is related to another problem? If not, are you eating well to restock your body after that shock?

It would be sensible to mention it to the DSN anyway :)

tinyroman

@tinyroman The effects of bad hypos can last a couple of days or so - headaches, weakness, just feeling not right. But as it's been 3 days for you I'd expect to see some improvement. Is it possible your nausea is related to another problem? If not, are you eating well to restock your body after that shock?

It would be sensible to mention it to the DSN anyway :)
Thanks Azure, I will mention it. Maybe the nausea could be related to the problem for which I went to A&E. I'll ask about that too.