doctors results

allybee6

Hi There
I think you are all in denial about what the issue is. Hope you get resolution on the diabetes issues. Will not post again to you

Allybee6

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
debi
congratulations on the weight loss
A strict low carb diet is sometimes used as a treatment for epilepsy. Since Bi-polar may also have physical causes, Keeping off the carbs Just Might help the bi-polar too.
Hana

C

catherinecherub

Hi debi,
Congratulations, you are doing so well.
If you decide to low carb then please keep a diary of your moods as well as your foods. Many psychiatrists believe that low carbing accentuates the highs and lows that bi-polar clients experience and some believe that the depressed client experiences a more severe depression.
Have a read of this article,
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles ... state-mind
I would not like to tell you what do do but would like you to be aware.
You may not have to cut your carbs to that level to get lower blood sugars and only by using your meter will you know what is right for you.
The mood stabilizers and antidepressants you are prescribed may be altering your blood sugars and you really need to check them to see if they interfere with your readings.

Hope this helps,
Catherine.

debi lee

hi everyone

Went to the docs today they have put me on simvastatin 20mg and a extra glilazide they are giving me a month to see if i can get my bs down and if not then insulin it is, Feel very positive even tho they had ago at me for losing 7lb in a week said i would only put it back on :(

So im going to try try and try more at the mo tho they are not coming down but they said dont worry you have to give your body time to adjust and they should come down.

love and hugs to everyone debi .xxx

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi debi :D

Great to hear that you are so positive, do let us know how you get on with it all. :) 8)

debi lee

Hi there thenks to all your messages i got up this morning and my bs was 9,2 so at last its coming down :lol: Today i feel really rough dont no if its the dieat no sugar and low carbs.

Anyone got any ideas if it could be the diet

love and hugs debi x

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have been running high bs for a good while it will take your body time to adjust to lower numbers it gives a feeling of having a hypo - but its a false hypo so no need to act to correct it - a real hypo is less than 4 - you seem to be doing everything right so try not to worry you should start to feel better in a few days

Synonym

Dislikes
Hi Debi :)

Sorry you are feeling under the weather but it will go soon - proabably two or three days max so just hunker down and ride it out. Not much fun but it is likely just your body readjusting to having lower levels. Which all means your numbers are going down!!! 8) 8)

Get a favourite dvd out or paint your nails if you can - anything at all to take your mind off it! :roll:

Keep in touch! :D

debi lee

hi synoym :D

thanks for that just had a tackle at doing my bedroom out got half way thru and now have to reat a bit gor the shakes like a hypo but i know its not,so just sent hubbi out to get me collins low carb book so i can sit and read that.

have a good day hugs debi x

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
hi there debbi
hope you ok and you sound as though you are getting to grips with everything. yes its really great here, the people post all good sound advice and are very positive. Catherinecherub and synom are especially positive. i've got the collins little gem carb book, its brilliant. a must for all newbies
me i'm a newbie too and my bs were 20plus about 5 weeks ago but with slow release metformin 2 in a morning and 2 at nite and glicazide one in a morning and one at night, my bs is coming well down plus following a low carb diet. i'm back at doctor for hba1c at end of may. every one is different and will react differently, the thing to do is get your bs under control and that takes time. i'm feeling so much better at getting mine under control, yet when i first joined here i was absolutely hopeless and felt so lost and alone, but now i'm feeling so much better just reading and responding to all the posts, its a lifeline.
i've not lot any weight yet, but i do feel loads better so maybe that will come, i know i'm going in the right direction and a speed i can cope with in a way that i feel comfortable with and that when i test my bs and its ok i know that my body is happy with what i am doing too.
good luck and all positive wishes go from me to you.
bye for now

debi lee

Hi dolly

Thanks for your message i know its great on here i dont think i could have gone down this route without the help and support from these guys. Cant seem to get my bs down in the morning but sure it wiil come.What are your bs now and what was your hbc1 when you was last tested?

Anyway good to know you are getting there and keep up the good work.

hugs to you debi x

debi lee

Hi everyone

Just a quicky to say still on the diet bs not coming down yet but last nite after dinner it was 7.2 first time in a long time :D , will stick at. It really wierd you give up all sweets and carbs and it makes no diffrenece :roll: but hey only been a week and a half so cant moan yet even tho thats just what im doing now :lol: well hope everyones ok speak soon

love debi xx

Synonym

Dislikes
Hello again debi :D

Glad to hear that you plugging away and that things are moving - 7.2 eh! That is great and it will go lower, you just have to keep at it with little steps - and keep on keeping on! :)

It takes time but it will come down. 8)