Waiting for the next cure

georgethetee

One of the most amusing news stories which I always look forward to - you know, along with the "Little girl/boy saves diabetic mums/dads life" one, is the DIABETES IS CURED story. It usually comes around once or twice a year and the next one is now overdue. I love them and the sheer sincerety with which the Beeb and the rest report them. Of course, we always know, don't we, that that will be the last that's ever heard of this cure but it's very entertaining. In reality the Drugs mafia which runs the world would never - but never - allow anything to interfere with their income stream. That's why cancer will never be cured and that's why diabetes like so many other things likewise.

I remember a few years back when someone invented a glucose reacting tatoo which would be applied to your wrist and give an instant readout of your sugar level, approximate but close enough. I presume the drugs barons soon snapped that one up and buried it in the bottom of a very deep hole.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Don't go pretending that you don't get a little excited at those BBC cure reports, George. :mrgreen:

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
It is estimated that there are 2.6 million people in the Uk with diabetes.

I have now found the cure.

If you want me to share it with you then please send me £1 each. 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
George,

In time, I am sure there will be a cure of sorts, perhaps not in our lifetime, but nonetheless science will undoubtedly produce the goods and the world will be eradicated of diabetes. Fingers crossed! :D

Nigel

georgethetee

Cheers, Timo2.

Yeah, fascinating no doubt. Interesting that the Beeb etc have finally seen through all these 'cures' and no longer even bother to report them.

If you think such a 'cure' will ever be offerred to you or I, don't hold your breath will you.

George

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Proverbs 27:1

Do not make your boast about the next day, for you do not know what a day will give birth to.

Here endeth the lesson, George. :D

georgethetee

Ardbeg said:
It is estimated that there are 2.6 million people in the Uk with diabetes.

I have now found the cure.

If you want me to share it with you then please send me £1 each. 8)

Woweee Ardbeg, that's wonderful, clearly Timo2's optimism has proved true. Please find my £1 enclosed in the form of share certificates in Enron. Please keep any change

George