Why do I want to be on a pump anyway

Adeydee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I shall be at my first official pump clinic appointment the same day. Got the letter this morning.
Can I ask how you managed to get on to a pump? I've been trying to get my doctors to discuss it with me as I think it would help and they never do

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is your clinic pump friendly..? Have others got one that you know about....?

Are they unwilling to discuss your issues or do they just say we will look in to it....?

If you meet one or more of the criteria you should be able to discuss it at least.....if its just because you want one you might have a fight on your hands....

Adeydee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is your clinic pump friendly..? Have others got one that you know about....?

Are they unwilling to discuss your issues or do they just say we will look in to it....?

If you meet one or more of the criteria you should be able to discuss it at least.....if its just because you want one you might have a fight on your hands....
I know a few kids that have gotten 1, they just keeping telling me that they will discuss it at next appointment and nothing comes of it, according to them I do meet the nice criteria of getting one

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know a few kids that have gotten 1, they just keeping telling me that they will discuss it at next appointment and nothing comes of it, according to them I do meet the nice criteria of getting one
I think the buck stops with consultant, is that who you are talking to?

I think you really need to stand your ground....at the very least to be considered....

What issues are you experiencing?...

Adeydee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the buck stops with consultant, is that who you are talking to?

I think you really need to stand your ground....at the very least to be considered....

What issues are you experiencing?...
Yeah speaking to the consultant and my diabetic nurse, whenever I bring it up they change the subjet

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah speaking to the consultant and my diabetic nurse, whenever I bring it up they change the subjet
It sounds like they have limited supply, but it's not the end of the road......

Have you checked out the INPUT website....I never had to use it but I think it has helped a lot of people get access to the pump....

Reactions: Engineer88

Adeydee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds like they have limited supply, but it's not the end of the road......

Have you checked out the INPUT website....I never had to use it but I think it has helped a lot of people get access to the pump....
Yeah it just gives you the steps on who to talk to, I'm talking to the right people but they just don't seem to be doing anything

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Keep putting your point across at every opportunity, took me 3 consultant appointments to be put forward

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I have not seen the same consultant twice in the past 2 years!! At my clinic our consultant is on a sabbatical so locums are working there

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thanks for checking in, all going great so far, hope it stays this way. My basal needs to lower ever so slightly but am letting it settle in for a bit before making any changes.
8657bdcfe9174cedef6c158f316e2b2a.jpg