Gah!

lionrampant

Muffed it this evening. Miscalculated my dinner time injection and I'm now 15. :x

Brb, 8 hour walk. :eek:

Feel free to rant in here in my absence.

pixie

you should buy an exercise bike and anytime your sugars are high - hop on the bike for 15 mins or so.

lionrampant

I have one. It's boring. If I'm going to put that much energy into anything I demand one of two things:

• Wall mounted TVs with sport and music videos, surrounded by athletic women who are also working out or posing.
  • Nice scenery to look at / some sense of purpose, of a start, middle, and end!

:mrgreen:

Ashland

Dislikes
Constantly being asked if I'm okay! (does this happen to you?)
Buy a real bike, then repeat as above?

lionrampant

I love driving, I therefore has an innate hatred of bikes. ;)

In other news, you know you've exercised properly when you go hypo afterwards. :D

Ashland

Dislikes
True! Just found that out :? I wish my glucose tablets weren't so tasty, I'll be wanting to have hypos all the time now...

pixie

oh, oh... you should get one of those cheap little DVD TV combos....then you could watch all those DVD box-sets that you insisted on getting, but haven't had time to watch.....
oh wait....thats me

i want to get a cross-trainer & a DVD/TV combo thingy so i can do a half an hours exercise at night, hile watching seinfield or something......

Ashland

Dislikes
What's a cross-trainer?
On the excercise-related subjects, I got some stuff from myprotein.co.uk to put the pounds back on me. Tastes like **** (60g a day and i have a kilo to use!)
The website, which has nothing to do with diabetes, advised to mix the powder with nesquik or similar.

FUNNY :x

lionrampant

:lol: Dude, you're going to be wishing you hadn't done that in a few months (or a year)...

Trust me, stay skinny, and build the muscle back slowly. Otherwise you'll end up spending your life at the gym trying to lose it all again.

advised to mix the powder with nesquik or similar.

Hey do it before a work out and it might be useful...

Edit: and a Crosstrainer is the one that looks like you're skiing. Two poles, two foot-plates, and you... well, kinda walk/ski on it. Great machine. Even if it's not your thing, spend five minutes on it at the start of a workout since it'll stretch all your muscles.

Ashland

Dislikes
Nah, I only have a little each day - makes up for the amount of meat I'm not eating anymore 'cause of high-protein being bad...
Why is that?
That's a good point about pre-workout. But I threw all the nesquik away yesterday :shock:

lionrampant

cause of high-protein being bad...
Why is that?

I don't know what muppet told you not to eat meat, but er... yeah... muppet. :D

High protein in the urine is usually considered a warning sign of something wrong with the kidneys. To the best of my knowledge it's your diabetic control that has the power to cause/prevent such a problem. It doesn't mean you can't eat meat. Hell I love a good sirloin with peppercorn sauce, and the only time my protein levels were even vaguely noted was during a period of poor control at the start of uni.

Ashland

Dislikes
Oh oh you misunderstand. I'm not "not eating meat" - I'm just not eating as much as I was, since I'm not eating as many carbs...trying not to have some huge proportion of my diet as protein.

Also I figure high protein would have an effect on the liver - it's the liver that lets you use protein for energy, but the point is I'm trying not to. So..start of uni, liver under stress...I bet that was what did it, you know :p

Anyways thanks :D I'm glad meat is good again.
Basal/bolus starts monday, yay!

Ashland

Dislikes
Yay no more 8 mile walks then. Two thumbs fresh :)