Jardiance

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi has anyone on these tablets? Been put on them and since then have been so thirsty, does anyone know if this is normal and my body just getting used to the tablets? Thank you x

Reactions: Liam1955

Chrisle68

Hi has anyone on these tablets? Been put on them and since then have been so thirsty, does anyone know if this is normal and my body just getting used to the tablets? Thank you x
I'm on Janumet and was drinking about 4 litters of water plus cups of tea Now back to normal

Chrisle68

Took 7 to 9 days was peeing every 20 to 40 mins My mate kid thought it was very funny as I had to keep going to the loo x

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm taking 4 metformin a day but sugars where high so added this jardiance tablet, 1 A day but didn't know I would be drinking like a fish lol x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Kerrylou78 - Hi :). The first sign of burning urine and/or thrush or even backache (that this drug can cause) you must go and see your GP straight away.
I know of another forum member who took this drug which you are taking and they suffered side effects. Whereas, I took a simular drug called Dapagliflozin (same group) and I suffered bad side effects. But, on the plus side: it lowered my Blood Sugars, lowered my HBA1C and I lost weight.
Good Luck with it, and hope you don't get any problems with it. :)

Reactions: Carrie16

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kerrylou78 - Hi :). The first sign of burning urine and/or thrush or even backache (that this drug can cause) you must go and see your GP straight away.
I know of another forum member who took this drug which you are taking and they suffered side effects. Whereas, I took a simular drug called Dapagliflozin (same group) and I suffered bad side effects. But, on the plus side: it lowered my Blood Sugars, lowered my HBA1C and I lost weight.
Good Luck with it, and hope you don't get any problems with it. :)
Thank you been taking it for 4 days so for,m the thirst has stopped so hopefully all good although I have taken my blood sugar 3 times today (DN told me not to) and it was 18.3 this morning 12.3 before lunch and 12.5 2 hours after lunch and a school run so don't really know what's happening lol :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Kerrylou78 - Hi:). I would give it another couple of days, this will allow it to build up in your system and then you will start to see the effect on your blood sugars.
You are sensible to test your blood sugars, by doing this it allows You to be in control - (despite the Diabetes Nurse saying not to do so).

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kerrylou78 - Hi:). I would give it another couple of days, this will allow it to build up in your system and then you will start to see the effect on your blood sugars.
You are sensible to test your blood sugars, by doing this it allows You to be in control - (despite the Diabetes Nurse saying not to do so).
I know this is what I thought that I need to check, I like to know that I'm in control even though at the minute I feel out of control with it lol thank you for taking the time to reply

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You are welcome @Kerrylou78 :). Just remember if in doubt about anything - don't be afraid to ask, just post a question and someone will answer, we all help, support one another on here.:)

mamawoody

Type of diabetes
Type 2
These tablets work by removing glucose from your body via your urine, so you will feel thirsty. It's important to drink plenty as this will help avoid the unpleasant side effects like urinary tract infections. I take Dapagliflozin which works on the same principal. So far it has worked really well for me so I hope it is the same for you. Good luck!