Type 1: Sugar free sweets

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The post title is 'sugar free sweets', so OP is not looking for hypo treatments.

Personally, I found out the hard way that most of them use sorbitol or other things ending -itol, and that the tiny warnings printed on the package that "excessive consumption may cause laxative effects" was a gross understatement. I would avoid them, if I were you.

What I did find was that after a while of not having sugar in tea, and not eating/drinking sweet things in general is that my taste changed and if I fancy something to nibble on, I'm more likely to eat cheese or 85% cocoa chocolate.
Totally agree. Avoid the 'itol' sugar free sweets. My mother in law bought me a huge box of thorntons diabetic chocolates for the 1st christmas since diagnosis. Very delicious and thoughtful of her. I over indulged one night and ate 4 choccies, just 4! The result was a rumbling, rolling, grumbling and boiling tummy with severe diarrohea that lasted for several hours. I have learned my lesson. If I want something sweet, I have a small treat usually a sqaure or 2 of very dark chocolate.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I quite like the sugar free werthers sweets, have one a day on the way to work