Diet Coke. . .

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had a hydrogen test recently and it was quite interesting for the foods a d drinks allowed for 24 hours before it.. no fizzy drinks or carbonated water, no herbal teas, no milk, no smoothies.
Strictly limited to black tea/coffee and plain water. 12hrs before just 500ml plain water.

If all the items can badly affect stomachs, including carbonated bubbly water it is quite shocking to me...
I know they look for bacteria in small intestines, intolerance to fructose and glucose and lactose but I was still startled at bubbly water being banned too.

I do not have any fizzy drinks due to the **** chemicals contained in them and having aspartame intolerance. A nice coffee with single cream or jersey unhomogenised milk is much better for me..or at least, I don't get ill from a drink...

A

asparagusp

There are many fizzy waters that come from spas like San Pellegrino. Fizzy water leeches calcium from your bones though!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There are many fizzy waters that come from spas like San Pellegrino. Fizzy water leeches calcium from your bones though!

Why do they leech calcium from bones??

filthyrich

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My doctor told me its fine, and the aspartame scare is brought on by the sugar industry.

I find it helps my sugar cravings - not increases them. But thats me.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
As you can see, sweeteners is one of those things that no one can agree on. There are fizzy drinks sweetened with stevia now, at least here in Canada, but I find them to be overpoweringly sweet with a weird aftertaste YMMV. Tea is good and there are a lot of interesting herbal teas out there.

I am at this minute clutching my diet coke. Back away slowly :stop::hungry:

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Artificial sweetners effect blood sugar n insulin rise. Not recommended
I drink plenty of diet coke and it has no effect on my BG levels whatsover. Anecdotal evidence only, but what evidence do you have to support your statement?

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I drink plenty of diet coke and it has no effect on my BG levels whatsover. Anecdotal evidence only, but what evidence do you have to support your statement?
Try Pepsi max it's so good and fanta zero to

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
As you can see, sweeteners is one of those things that no one can agree on. There are fizzy drinks sweetened with stevia now, at least here in Canada, but I find them to be overpoweringly sweet with a weird aftertaste YMMV. Tea is good and there are a lot of interesting herbal teas out there.

I am at this minute clutching my diet coke. Back away slowly :stop::hungry:
Try Pepsi max that is so good

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't stand Coke or Pepsi diet or not never have so I just drink water between tea and coffee

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I fancy something different to plain water I use sugar free squash at a lower dilution, or, Robinsons and others make handy little bottles of ultra concentrate which I find easy to carry in the car or my bag, half a squeeze to the contents of my refillable water bottle.

For special occasions ;) I quite like a couple of the no added sugar Asda flavoured fizzy waters, I don't usually buy standard fizzy 'pop' because of the large bottle size and these are in 1 litre size

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I used to drink loads of diet coke, then changed to caffeine free diet coke and now I don't bother - I found it just seemed to trigger my appetite