Simple pleasures.

C

catherinecherub

Recently read a post about a member feeling down.
Thought about the simple pleasures that lift my spirits when I am feeling down.

....A baby's smile.
....Fresh linen, (would have clean linen every night if it wasn't for the washing involved).
....Playing music and dancing around to it.
....Meeting friends for a leisurely lunch and catching up.
....Seeing my family sitting around together and laughing about anything and everything.
....Smiling back at total strangers who catch my eye when they smile at me.

I am sure there are more but this will do for now.
Anyone else with simple pleasures?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't argue with those Catherine, but just one more to add, a glass of fine red wine! :wink: :D

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And another, watching my hometown football team win on a Saturday afternoon, although that doesn't happen to often! :lol:

Also watching my lads playing footie in the Sunday league, again even better when they win! :D

Nigel

m4z

Good thread, Catherine!

Watching my cat in the sun.
Friday afternoons at work, when everyone seems to have more lifted spirits
Saturday mornings with real coffee, and time to ourselves.
Going to see my favourite bands live.
A nice long soak in the bath (with a glass of that red, noblehead!)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I agree Catherine and would like to add: Looking over the glorious view of Goring and the Thames from the view point at Lardon Chase, having nearly killed myself climbing up the hill.
Hana

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
having my 13 year old daughter plonk herself down on my lap like she did last night and cuddle me and tell me about her day :D never too old for hugs from your Mum!!

oh, and I'm with Nigel, althought not red wine but a nice glass of bubbly, never fails to perk me up a bit :lol: :D

Great post Catherine :D

brill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Country & Western!
Walking across the grass through the park on a sunny day with no shoes on (don't tell the DN) - there's just something about a view of complete green that makes me start to smile.......

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Walking my dogs every day at Golitha Falls on Bodmin Moor very close to my home , an enchanted woodland with waterfall . Watching them swim , waiting for the bluebells to spread their carpet and, if I am really lucky, spotting an otter , bliss x

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
So many things to choose from but here are a few! :D

- Talking to the family while seeing them on the computer.
- Opening my bedroom curtains to see the sun sparkling on the loch where the swans are gliding along.
- Wonderful smells – like the smell after rain, the smell of a (clean!) new baby, smell of fresh coffee, flowers fresh from the garden, those tantalising baking smells.
- Watching the birds on the bird table and watching them building nests in our bird boxes.
- Picking our own fruit and veg from our garden - and munching it!
- Feeling the sun on my face.

banjo brunette

kateincornwall said:
Walking my dogs every day at Golitha Falls on Bodmin Moor very close to my home , an enchanted woodland with waterfall . Watching them swim , waiting for the bluebells to spread their carpet and, if I am really lucky, spotting an otter , bliss x

Wow, how wonderful... Ah! Bluebells :D

Cheers, BB :D

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Looking out of my window over the park opposite and seeing the trees blossom in spring and change their leaves in autumn to that lovely rusty red hue.
Having a good old chat and laugh with my daughter over the phone when she can spare the time to.
Watching the bluetits as they fly back and forward to the nest which is somewhere very near as they constantly perch on the telephone line.

Best things in life are free! :D