What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

B: Tomatoes on spelt toast
L: Chunks of Davidstow cheddar and pickled onions
D: Ham sandwich on LivLife bread

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Today went a bit wrong :( I'm blaming my husband for cooking a whole big pack of chipolatas then telling me to help myself if I wanted a snack.....

B: 5 Chipolata sausages and (small amount) baked beans
L: Black coffee
D: Pork chop, sauerkraut, butternut squash
S: Blueberries

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All this talk of pigs in blankets :hungry: I think I'll have to make the jumbo version for dinner one day next week - if I can find a way to fit them in to my BS diet.;)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: a tiny portion chicken curry with a bit of cauliflower.
S: 30g peanuts
D: will be lamb jalfrezi (home made using Pataks paste) with lots of aubergine and tomato. May stir fry baby peppers in butter too. OR even bhaji them.

Ruth26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B none
L none
D homemade bacon & lentil soup
with yogurt/almonds/cream for pud

seem happy to fast 16 - 24 hrs each day - depending how busy I am - really cant believe how easy it is now my body has adjusted to LCHF eating

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: poshtotty

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Beef stew with celeriac, carrots, swede and onion - gorgeous but BS went up from 4.6 to 6.7!
Supper: Small bag of popcorn

Has anyone else tried the Winter Spice Ribena? Its 'no added sugar' and has mulled wine kind of spices - really hits the spot if you feel you need a bit of TLC (especially if you drink it hot).

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone else tried the Winter Spice Ribena? Its 'no added sugar' and has mulled wine kind of spices - really hits the spot if you feel you need a bit of TLC (especially if you drink it hot).

I haven't tried it yet but I have bought a bottle after I saw it in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago, I thought it might also be good with a splash of real red wine over Xmas.

Yesterday:
Breakfast - small bowl of porridge made with rolled oats and water, finished with a bit of almond milk and stirred in ground flax seed. (bg rise 2.3 after 1 hr, 1.8 after 2 hrs).
Lunch - big bowl of home made veggie soup, delicious.
Dinner - breaded fish (only ate a quarter of the breading, but DH likes breaded fish and the bird table gets the rest of the breading) with a good serving of brocolli and a small serving of carrots and peas.

Reactions: Chook and mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@geefull - I hadn't thought of that! I've just been drinking it diluted with hot or cold water.

Today:

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: A Hairy Dieters inspired chicken and Med veg tray bake with aubergine, courgette, red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, garlic bulbs (yes, whole baked bulbs) and skinned chicken thighs all turned in a tiny bit of olive oil, smoked paprika and oregano.
Snack: Prosecco ;)

Reactions: Energize

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm also pondering a Xmas day pud, bottom layer some sort of cream cheese and/or double cream / greek yoghurt mix with half a sugar free orange jelly to give it a bit of stability (or leaf gelatine, a bit of sweetener and a touch of orange oil and zest?), top layer the remainder of the jelly with red wine and a glug of the winter spice Ribena. Might put a few raspberries on top to improve the festive colour.

I'll have a go beforehand and see how it turns out. I don't often have a pud now except at Sunday dinner with my MIL and it's usually just some yoghurt and a few berries.

We always used to have home made spicy apple and mincemeat tart on Xmas day but, for obv. reasons, not this year :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@geefull - that sounds gorgeous! I'm hungry now....

Anyone else thought about their Christmas menu yet? I think I'm going to have the same as last year for pud - baked lemon cheesecake.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was
B: Home made yogurt, forgot to sweeten it, like eating a raw lemon
L: In France - Crab soup, with grated cheese and rouille, crouton were more like garlic cloves covered n breadcrumbs followed by steamed haddock in butter sauce, small pots and veg washed down with Beaujolais Nouveau chocolate mousse and coffee
S: Cold lamb and salad

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello :)
B red berries

L. Half a slice of ham and Camambert

D. Scrambled egg with smoked salmon and peas
Strawberries with Greek yoghurt

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a crazy few days so a quick catch up.
Thursday
B: Coffee with cream
L: Oopsie bread with pate and coleslaw
D: Lidl roll "pizza" Toasted half roll with tomato puree, cheese and anchovies. Homemade low carb cheesecake

Friday
B: Fried egg. 4 slices crispy streaky bacon
L: Oopsie sponge with salted caramel cheesecake fluff
D: Liver, bacon and sausage casserole
Out dancing for 3 hours so had cocoa with cream and nuts on return

Saturday
B: Egg and bacon
L: Orange cheesecake fluff with flaked almonds
D: Off out dancing again tonight and will have a small carvery on the way, just meat and veg for me.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Winter Spice Ribena sounds fab. I'll have to try it.. fancy it hot after a cold brisk walk :) Some natural sugar but easily incorporated into LCHF diet.

Typical values per 250ml Serving

Energy, kJ / kcal 50 / 13
Fat, g 0
of which saturates, g 0
Carbohydrate, g 1.8
of which sugars, g 1.3
Protein, g 0.1
Salt, g 0.02
%RI*
Vitamin C, mg 80 100

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast. An Avacardo and 3 rusks spread with organic peanut butter. Each rusk 8grms carbs.
Lunch. Bacon roll with brown sauce.
Dinner. M& S meal for one, Braised Lamb in Redcurrant and mint gravy with carrots and Colannon Mash with 160g M&S peas and a 320g bag of M&S Chiefs style veg. Followed by two Lidl high protein rolls with filling of 2 slices cheese, butter, marmite, peanut butter, sliced toms and cuecumber. Finishing off with a Melton Mowbray 140g pork pie. Reading before food 5.8 and 2 hrs after food 6.8.

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had the Lidl high protein rolls for the first time and discovered if I was careful, I could make two slices in the roll and make a double decker roll! The bottom layer was butter, marmite and two slices of cheese topped by cuecumber with peanut butter and sliced tomatoe in the second layer! Yum!

I brought six of the Ldl rolls today and plans for tomorrow involve Scottish sliced roast beef, butter, horseradish mustard, sliced cuecumber and tomatoes.

Reactions: walnut_face