Low carb breafast

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interested in whst people hsve for breafast and what carbs they have.

Im looking for something healthy thst wont mean im hungry two mins later!

murph524

Interested in whst people hsve for breafast and what carbs they have.

Im looking for something healthy thst wont mean im hungry two mins later!
3 or 4 egg omelette with a sprinkle of cheese, keeps me going till lunch, well that's what I will be back to after my diet.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs any which way, sometimes as a mushroom omelette possibly with high meat content sausage or bacon. Chicken legs or thighs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Porridge oats 40g. on weekdays
Full English breakfast Saturday, carbs vary depending on where we visit, anywhere between 40/70 carbs
Sunday depends on mood.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find eggs way too difficult to bolus for.

I usually have ham & cheese 0g carbs, 15g proteins (I just bolus for the 15g of protein or it pushes me high).

I might have chia seed pudding (soak the chia seeds in almond milk, add some low cal hot chocolate powder, otherwise it's a bit like eating gruel), with raspberries. Works out at about 12g of carbs.

Reactions: Jaylee

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The usual breakfast for my 5 year old daughter is 2 scrambled eggs, 2 bacon, 25g pistachio nuts and 40g strawberries. It comes to 19g of carbs/50% protein combined.

Reactions: Jaylee

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In the week I have two teas and two soft-boiled eggs. I tell my pump this equals 12g CHO (it doesn't!) because that is the only way I can deal with the protein spike. They keep me full until elevenses, at which point I'll either have a cup of coffee or hard-boiled egg, which I don't count.

Saturday or Sunday (or both.... *coughs*) I have fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, black pudding, chipolatas and mushrooms. I count this as 15g CHO, which is from the black pudding, chipolatas and mushrooms.

I used to have a small bowl of porridge (20g CHO) but got so, so fed up of spike-chasing that I gave up. Happily this coincided with my desire to lower my carb total anyway, so that was fine. Oh, and in my porridge days, if I didn't follow it with some protein (yes, an egg or two - eggs are my favourite food, actually) I'd be really, really hungry by 10am.

:)

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Intersting breakfasts not heard of chia seed pudding @catapillar.

Prob cant donany of the fried breakfasts in the week as i eat at my desk at work

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have either a Lidl high protein roll or home made low carb granola that I make at the weekend and take to work

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2 diet only. I can't eat any carbs in the mornings or my levels go up and stay up. At the moment I am eating in a 6 hour window from 1pm to 7pm. Nothing then till 1pm the following day. When I say nothing, I am excluding my non-negotiable cups of tea. If I am on 3 meals a day I have eggs.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dan6 I think pudding is just a more appetising alternative to gruel!

Here's a recipe:-
- 1tbspn milled black chia seeds
- 1 tbspn whole white chia seeds
- 1 tsp hot chocolate powder (choose a low version, because to get low cal they have to be low carb)
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk

Stick all the above in a bowl. Stir really well. Stick it in the fridge to soak overnight.

In the morning, add 25g frozen raspberries. Make sure they're covered by the pudding. Stick the bowl in the microwave for a couple of minutes. You basically end up with something that feels like you're eating hot porridge.

... You could probably do the stirring /soaking in a lunch box and just take it in to work so you can eat it at your desk. It's probably alright cold, it's does thicken up alright with the soaking. But access to a microwave would make it more palatable, although that's probably my personal desire for instant porridge sachets!

A

asparagusp

1 tsp hot chocolate powder
Do you mean "chocolate" That has sugar in it. Better (organic) cocoa in my opinion.

I always have unsweetened organic cocoa made with semi skimmed organic milk. - 14 g and my 2 hour post prandial; reading is usually in range, and three days ago, 4.1!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Better (organic) cocoa in my opinion.

Isn't that a bed time drink??

Staying on topic. Weekdays I don't do breakfast..
Weekends I brunch out with the wife on omelette.
Or a fry up.. @mahola o_O With a slice of fried bread as the only vice! Now that is "filth". ;):D

Mary_m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Make yourself Lidl high protein roll with sliced boiled egg, couple slices ham and slices tomato and take to work - should keep you going til lunch. Make night before and keep in fridge if in a rush in the morning

p_g_r

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've found Bounce protein balls pretty good for keeping me going - 20g carb. http://uk.bouncefoods.com/
And because I find it very hard to kick cereal, I also have a bowl of Lizi's Granola sometimes - lowest carb of cereals I've seen, in most supermarkets I think, although I buy larger packets online from Amazon.