Low carb breafast

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@p_g_r they look good might have to order some of those! Im the same In that i do like my cereal. I mainly have bran Flakes but i cant measure them at work

antlowe85

I struggled with this not long back and realised that all cereals were making my bloods spike, so i asked the guys on here for some tips, iv been having boiled eggs ham and low fat soft cheese or an omelette if i have time, i tend to stick to more protein based meals with salad or veg and if i start craving carbs i stick to brown pasta/rice ect. And if you crave bread and you must have it i have wholemeal thins, hope this helps and is not to confusing :)

p_g_r

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@p_g_r they look good might have to order some of those! Im the same In that i do like my cereal. I mainly have bran Flakes but i cant measure them at work

I use one of these to measure, mostly at home, but it's very portable, and no time at all:
Salter Stainless Steel 1035 SSBKDR Platform Electronic Kitchen Scale
http://amzn.eu/f8vxOMZ

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning

Well, hearing about everyone's breakfast options sound delicious, if it were for lunch or tea the yum yum, but for breakfast, I would be puking.

Sorry folks, but the savoury breakfast for me, as low carb and healthy as it is, just doesn't work, I cannot stomach anything savoury first thing. My gosh, I think I would die, lol.

Since being T2, I've beaten myself up over having my choices of porridge, shredded wheat bite size and half a banana, or weetabix etc, because as rightly said, these choices really oomph your BG readings.

My BG can be anything from 8-12 of a morning, then often stays the same 2 hrs later or may increase ever so slightly, so I have stopped beating myself up and have decided to have these high carb breakfasts and feel full till 1pm, by which time my BG reduces to 5, which is very good for me, then my meals from thereon try to remain low carb, nothing weighed, just normal sized portions of protein, vegetables, etc.

I wish I could eat all of your lovely choices, but I can't.
Good luck to the person enquiring about low carb breakfasts. Hope you have come up with something tasty and satisfying that doesn't leave you hungry afterwards

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nhs. religion for the sake of it.
I can't eat cereal at all. I'm T2 since July and found I can only eat eggs scrambled in morning or full fat greek yoghurt with berries. But usually 1 scrambled egg does me until lunch.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Avocado / guacamole of course!! With celery. High fat, low carb, high fiber. Keeps it low and slow until of course DP kicks in! Arg