KFC 'double down' sandwich?

Cowboyjim

Would you eat the new KFC 'double down' sandwich? A big question and I thought not as dumb as it seems at first glance. No bread so that's an improvement. I read here somewhere that your BG will be badly affected not by the burger but by the bun, but sadly the new KFC treat has the bun replaced not by just chicken but coated breast so no doubt that kills it for me. It's horrific for other reasons too like the salt content let alone the fat - with fries it's a meal-for-the-day so it can't be beat :lol:
Check it out on the DM with pix if you dare!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...ble-Down-chicken-sandwich-bread-unveiled.html

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I wouldn't eat it it, though I'll confess to eating KFC when I come to the UK . Not healthy, but a rare event and usually in the middle of a mamoth shopping trip that always sends me low.
The trouble in that article is it makes fish and chips seem virtuous yet when I was at my parents last month they ran an article about chips. In this article fish and chips have 480 calories. I've just checked the earlier one; a fairly realistic (well the portion at my parents local is huge) 400g of chip shop chips dished up 956 calories.
So what do you believe?

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
It's not very easy on the eye. It looks like someone's had an 'accident' on a napkin. :shock:

Still, if it horrified some nutritionists, then it's all good. :twisted:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have to say that it looks absolutely delicious, but I couldn't touch it, as the article states, at '10 grams of cholesterol-laden saturated fat per double down'......its a fast food heart attack for sure! :shock:

Good old KFC! :lol:

Nigel

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
This treat hasn't hit Australia yet but I'm sure it will in time. My son had a really good dose of food poisoning from KFC so we don't touch the stuff. Take away food just has too many calories for the average person and the exercise junkie wouldn't touch the stuff because it is totally against their lifestyle.

m4z

KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken - or as my friend calls it "Unlucky Fried Kitten".

I have to be 'in the mood' for KFC, but I find it makes me very thirsty, and I feel 'hungover' after eating it.

I think a drumstick alone has 180 calories.

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Just getting ready to go pick one up when I discover it's not yet available in this country, [pitiful sobbing] if anything's going to kill me it might as well be this!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you believe in calories that is... <<<ducks>>>

badmedisin

It just looks so grim!
They've nicked this off yates's wine bar. A few years ago they jumped on that scary atkins bandwagon by having a burger with steak or lamb instead of bread. Probably not as easy to eat while you're walking, which I think is compulsory with junk food. It is round here anyway! Possibly because food consumed whilst walking contains no calories... :)

I used to live on chicken burgers but then I realised that cooking real food is very easy. So I didn't eat kfc for years. Now I can't stand the taste, all I can taste is salt and grease. I'd have to be unbelievably stoned to go near the double-down! :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
badmedisin said:
all I can taste is salt and grease

Mmmmm...... Salt and Grease... aghhh....

badmedisin said:
I'd have to be unbelievably stoned to go near the double-down!

If you were stoned you'd have lo BG - so you could probably get away with a regular Chicken Burger.

The lesson here, kids, is: KFC is fine if you are stoned. (KFC also goes well with a Bob Marley CD). :wink: