Feet numbness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 55 and diagnosed type 2 about 3 years ago, I take 2 10mg metformin one morning and at teatime. My last 3 month HbA1C was 6.5 but I'm hoping after more exercise and the loss of 7 kg in last few months it will be lower before Christmas

So getting to the reason why I'm posting to the forum. My toes. Over the last couple of years my toes feel like they are not mine, they feel like when your socks are crumpled up inside your shoes. My last test on my feet showed they have deteriorated from the first test. My feet look good, I've no sores no problems apart from this feeling, or lack of feeling. Do I need to worry or is this the norm. Finbo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You certainly need to know that your feet need a lot of care now. If you are numb and you damage your toes (feet) you may not be aware of it and an infection can get in. Should that happen then your foot may ulcerate and that is bad trouble.

My DN said she had one patient in with a drawing pin in the sole of his foot that he didn't know he had. This sort of thing should be inspected for often.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Numbness might have been the wrong word, they feel like they are not mine, I do feel my toes but like it's through something. Hard to describe

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Numbness might have been the wrong word, they feel like they are not mine, I do feel my toes but like it's through something. Hard to describe
I know how you feel, my right foot feels as if I have a big stone in my shoe even while I am in bed.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 55 and diagnosed type 2 about 3 years ago, I take 2 10mg metformin one morning and at teatime. My last 3 month HbA1C was 6.5 but I'm hoping after more exercise and the loss of 7 kg in last few months it will be lower before Christmas

So getting to the reason why I'm posting to the forum. My toes. Over the last couple of years my toes feel like they are not mine, they feel like when your socks are crumpled up inside your shoes. My last test on my feet showed they have deteriorated from the first test. My feet look good, I've no sores no problems apart from this feeling, or lack of feeling. Do I need to worry or is this the norm. Finbo
I have a slight numbness in the ball of my left foot since diagnosis. It hasn't got any worse or better. Just feels odd.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have exactly the same, like rolled up socks under my toes in both feet, not a pain or a numbness per se but really uncomfortable and annoying.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have exactly the same, like rolled up socks under my toes in both feet, not a pain or a numbness per se but really uncomfortable and annoying.
I have exactly this sensation in my right foot and it gets worse if I am walking any distance. I also have numbness in the toes on my right foot but not a total loss of sensation. It feels like novocaine that is starting to wear off. It has gotten a bit better with LCHF and keeping my sugars under control but has not gone away.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What's your cholesterol etc like?
I found out about my diabetes because of numb feet, but the doctor said the main issue causing the numbness is triglyceride levels and hyperlipidemia. This may not apply to you, but it was certainly a factor for me.

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had this and the associated pains, like bad pins and needles. A 600g capsule of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) each morning put a stop to my pains within a week of taking them :)

Reactions: Brunneria

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had been having a similar sensation in right foot and then both feet for some while mentioned it to my neurologist because GP not interested, he diagnosed neuropathy by then feet and hands involved and ordered blood test HbA1c was 54 wrote to my GP who was still not interested 12 months later HbA1c was 69 GP still not interested.12 months after that new GP diagnosed T2 so still got neuropathy hoping it will improve with time and low BG, btw HbA1c now 38.

Reactions: andyfh

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
What's your cholesterol etc like?
I found out about my diabetes because of numb feet, but the doctor said the main issue causing the numbness is triglyceride levels and hyperlipidemia. This may not apply to you, but it was certainly a factor for me.
My cholesterol is dead on normal, always has been. Likewise my blood pressure has always been on the low side. Apparently I am somewhat of an anomaly for an overweight diabetic.

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had been having a similar sensation in right foot and then both feet for some while mentioned it to my neurologist because GP not interested, he diagnosed neuropathy by then feet and hands involved and ordered blood test HbA1c was 54 wrote to my GP who was still not interested 12 months later HbA1c was 69 GP still not interested.12 months after that new GP diagnosed T2 so still got neuropathy hoping it will improve with time and low BG, btw HbA1c now 38.
Well done on the latest numbers John.