Hi my name is Amelia

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 10 (almost 11) years old and I've not met anyone my age with type1 diabetes. :(
If your round my age I would love to talk! :)
I've been diagnosed for 5 years and the only person in my school who is diabetic

(I live in the UK)

Last edited:

edithh23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm ten as well I have only been diagnosed 5 months ago but I would love to be friends with you. I am the only one in my school who has type 1 diabetes as well.

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm ten as well I have only been diagnosed 5 months ago but I would love to be friends with you. I am the only one in my school who has type 1 diabetes as well.

Hi @edithh23
Nice to hear from someone my age
I would love to be your friend!!!

Julie.t

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi my daughter Ruby is 10 and is the only one in her school with type 1 as well. She has been diagnosed for 3 weeks now

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi @Lily06, nice to meet you, I'm sure you will make lots of friends on the forum :)

allen-lynn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm 10 years old and I've not met anyone my age with type1 diabetes. :(
If your round my age I would love to talk! :)
I've been diagnosed for 5 years and the only person in my school who is diabetic

(I live in the UK)
Hi my daughter Honour is age 10 (11 on 29/12) and was diagnosed T1 2/5/16. She is the only one in her school with the condition (its a small primary). I know she'd love to talk to someone her own age that understands. She's not signed up to anything like this yet but I can get her to do so? We live in the UK x
Hi @Lily06, nice to meet you, I'm sure you will make lots of friends on the forum :)

I'm 13 what's up

Hi my daughter Ruby is 10 and is the only one in her school with type 1 as well. She has been diagnosed for 3 weeks now

Reactions: Lily06
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi my daughter Honour is age 10 (11 on 29/12) and was diagnosed T1 2/5/16. She is the only one in her school with the condition (its a small primary). I know she'd love to talk to someone her own age that understands. She's not signed up to anything like this yet but I can get her to do so? We live in the UK x

Hi, she could join the forum and go on the children and teen section ( this one) obviously with your parental guidance, by just chatting with others can be a great help, as the younger one's can feel 'different' to their peers and need friendly support. Good luck RRB x

Reactions: allen-lynn

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I'm sorry that your daughter has been diagnosed with diabetes. It's upsetting, At first, but you just get used to it and forget it's even there. Is she is year 6? I'm a year 6 but have a late birthday (in June). I can't remember how it felt like not to be diabetic because i was only 4 years of age. Let's hope that someone finds a cure soon ;)

Reactions: allen-lynn

allen-lynn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm sorry that your daughter has been diagnosed with diabetes. It's upsetting, At first, but you just get used to it and forget it's even there. Is she is year 6? I'm a year 6 but have a late birthday (in June). I can't remember how it felt like not to be diabetic because i was only 4 years of age. Let's hope that someone finds a cure soon ;)
Honour is in P7

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
1. I'm not 10, I'm 14.
2. I am here if you need someone to talk to.
3. I am also the only person in my school who has T1D. It's a struggle.
4. Everyone in this forum is here for one another.
5. BE AWESOME!!

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
Nice to meet you Amelia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm Anna i'm 12 years old and i have T1D and Im also the only one in my school

I would LOVE to talk to someone too!

Ive been diagnosed for 6 years! And i know its a struggle!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you answer to me cause i really wanna talk to someone! And i'm not so good in english because Im from Norway, but i think i can talk to someone pretty great!

Reactions: azure

Kizmin's_Mum

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My daughter is 8 and was diagnosed age 11 months old. Xx

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm Anna i'm 12 years old and i have T1D and Im also the only one in my school

I would LOVE to talk to someone too!

Ive been diagnosed for 6 years! And i know its a struggle!!!

Hi Anna I'd love to talk sometime