Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
24/11 - Morning.

12.5. (Pain bad this morning)

Reactions: Tim55
A

asparagusp

My prayer to St Anthony might have worked, I asked for readings in the 5s and lo and behold, 4.4/5.3 this morning. The reading was 45 minutes earlier than normal so maybe I should just get up earlier from now on. Better than increasing the Lantus!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

asparagusp

Good Morning! 6.7 at 0500 today.
Higher than usual despite 33,000 steps yesterday, but I did have a mutton biriani, and a mince pie last night.
I checked out the carbohydrates of a mince pie yesterday - 47g but they are so so nice!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.6 this morning @ 5 AM

The devils at the local Co-Op put the luxury mince pies at the end of the check out counter and a basket of pieces of cake samples very hard to ignore.

Reactions: Prem51 and Tim55

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My prayer to St Anthony might have worked, I asked for readings in the 5s and lo and behold, 4.4/5.3 this morning. The reading was 45 minutes earlier than normal so maybe I should just get up earlier from now on. Better than increasing the Lantus!
Is time a factor???

Reactions: callyandy

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All
6.7 for me this morning, bit of an EKE! factor in my mind. Seems to be happening every week now, since I stopped drinking at home during the week .........:banghead:

Couple of meetings in a couple of pubs tonight, and Friday counts as the weekend, so we'll see what the next few days brings.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.1 this morning for me. Bit chuffed since I discovered last night I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. My weight had been stuck for a few weeks. The result of the change in routine (that bit of extra walking) is making a difference!.