Parasitic worms for Type 1 therapy.

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
OMG Catherine, my skin was still crawling when I got to the end of that article!! The same feeling I got when my son brought head-lice home from school. :lol:
Seriously though, genetically manipulated worms worry me more than gm insulin, but I'll try to keep an open mind :)
Sanofi Aventis's Pancreate sounds interesting too. http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2009 ... ew-islets/
Jus

lionrampant

Hmm, I wonder how Sanofi plans to make money out of Pancreate. Supply the immune suppressants perhaps? Or will this be a "every x months" it needs topped up? Curious.

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
God only knows, but I wouldn't trust Sanofi Aventis as far as I could through a Lantus Optiset pen!
I'm definately not prepared to be one of their gineau pigs again- once was bad enough :evil: Maybe they could try it on the parasitic worms first :lol:
Jus