Support from forum

macdeut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Not been posting much on here, generally just quietly reading the information available in other people's posts and trying to relate it to my story.
Had latest hba1c results today.
May 2016 at diagnosis 98
August 2016 51
November 2016 40
Done without meds and by reducing carbs but not going radically low. Still having porridge for breakfast which seems to work for me, and the odd oatcake.
This post is To thank those who have helped either by responding to my lists or posting elsewhere and inspiring me.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tremendous progress you've made in just 6 months; you've every right to be proud of yourself. :happy: Enjoy it.

I adopt the same approach as yourself - spend ages reading around the forum, and learning from those who have so much knowledge, that they share willingly; even the occasional 'spat' can be very enlightening! I, too, am grateful for their generosity.

Am jealous that you can still have porridge; that's a no-go for me sadly.

Reactions: callyandy

macdeut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks oats seem to be fine but most bread is out. Lidl roll occasionally as a treat.

Reactions: callyandy

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great result. You have done amazingly well in 6 months. :)
I love this forum, I find it a huge support and I've learned far more from here than I have from my GP

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
Hi and Welcome,
Well done for your HBA1C results their brilliant. Also for finding the confidence to post here yourself.
Maggie

Claudio1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great job... you got all this decrease just with correct nutrition and exercise. Very good indeed, congratulations I'm also pursuing this improvement.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
what an inspirational thread to everyone that reads !!!!
I can't claim to be involved with your success at all but I am totally pleased for you.
your story is why we are all here................
well done @macdeut

Reactions: SWUSA_

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
I'm with you 100%. I blame this site for my success so far in reducing my weight, my BG and my HbA1c. Stopped taking Metformin. New test results next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.:happy:

Jix200903

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Had latest hba1c results today.
May 2016 at diagnosis 98
August 2016 51
November 2016 40
Done without meds and by reducing carbs but not going radically low. Still having porridge for breakfast which seems to work for me, and the odd oatcake.
Brilliant news! I'm hoping my 3rd hba1c next week is as good as yours - my first two were similar and all drug free.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Jix200903 - Good Luck for your HBA1C next week. Look forward to you posting your result :).