Animas Vibe, thoughts?

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What does everyone like or dislike about it? Anyone have major issues with it?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I like the fact it's very robust. I'm clumsy and have young children climbing over me and it copes fine.
I also like the fact it's compatible with Dexcom (can't afford that at the moment but appreciate the possibility in future)
I like the intuitive menus - they make it easy to,use.
I like the wide choice of sets.
I like the fact it's waterproof (not been swimming with it but have been covered in water by small children!)
I like the look of it - very important when you're wearing it 24/7

i don't really dislike anything about it. I had the Insight before this and detested it. Then I was left to choose between the Vibe and the Medtronic. I chose the Vibe and have never regretted my choice :)

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The only downside I could find was that I needed a remote and it does not have one. I'm not a Vibe user though.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It's a good little pump and does the job.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I have had a Vibe for 3 weeks now, I am a new pumper. Gone very well so far still learning though. I feel better than when I was on MDI haveing fewer hypos. I feel more in control. The area rep is very helpfull and has been training me. Seen her twice so far and very impressed by the after care support which is very important.

Reactions: azure

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
What does everyone like or dislike about it? Anyone have major issues with it?
Only issue I have with it is it doesn't pump coffee in the morning :)

jimlemans

I had a Vibe for 4 years and the Animas 2020 for 5 years before that. Both great pumps, I'd highly recommend them. Only issues I had was with the waterproofing. Two separate Vibe pumps had water ingress from swimming in the sea, the second time I had a holiday loner pump on me as I didn't trust it was a one off issue. Animas are very accommodating with that.

Audio bolus is good for being able to keep the pump in your pocket while just pressing the end button to dial up a bolus.

I've just moved over to the cell novo as I wanted something without a long tether.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I really like the Vibe. Started on the 2020 and moved onto the Vibe. It's robust and very easy to pick up straight away for a first pump. My pump clinic offers all pumps but the Vibe is the one they strongly recommend for young children due to how robust it is and how easy for young children to start to manage themselves.

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I have had the vibe for about 9 months now, but can't compare it to any others as its my first pump. Agree with all the previous posts, and particularly like the easybg and easycarb functions for taking all the thought out of bolusing for eating carbs and corrections. The customer service teams are incredibly helpful, and I cannot fault them.
I use the Dexcom, and this means I no longer need to carry the dexcom receiver as it is fully integrated. If I was forced to find a negative, I think the only thing I can come up with is I am slightly disappointed that the screen is a little smaller than the dexcom receiver, but you can still see everything you need, and it is a fair trade off to keep the pump small.
I also like the fact you can customize it with skins purchased online, if that's your thing!
I personally would have the Vibe again, without hesitation

Last edited:

Sazzy_B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have had mine for about 4 years and have had no problem with it. Only problem i have had is seeing the screen in bright sunlight. Easy to use and good support staff team.