What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning and with my new continuos monitoring device ( freestyle ) i never got above 6 4 the whole day ands spent a lot of te day in the 4's i know it takes a whwile to make sure its properly calibrated but the finger stick tests were similar.

This amazing improvement came after a 40 hour fast with just three knorr stock cubes per day .

what a fine job you have done,I have still to try fasting more days on hardly any foods... I am not ready yet

Reactions: LAR
A

asparagusp

4.4/5.3 yesterday, this morning, wait for it, 8.8/8.3! Dawn Phenomenon? - hum Ensuing complacency yesterday and munching too many seeded oatcakes, or what I think most likely the orange end of my BD Autoshield needle was wet, indicating a leakage of insulin. I had anticipated this reading.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what a fine job you have done,I have still to try fasting more days on hardly any foods... I am not ready yet

thanks freema, but two paces forward one step backwards.
I started the day with 5.9 yesterday, celebrated with 2 slices of toast then watched my new free style libre promptly hit 12 ! which was a salutary reminder of the problem though i did get back to 7.8 in two hours which ws reassuring.

Had a late dinner yesterday , mainly cheese, was pleased to see that had nothing like the same effect,but I';ve been in the 6's and 7's again since.
Basically the two smll slices of toast seem to havea t least 1 to 1.2 to my blood s gar all day !

This morning 7.4 - pickled onions and cheese for breakfast! - with a turkey thanksgiving tonight ! ho hum
maybe another 40 hour go is going to be needed tomorrow !

Reactions: Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
26/11 - Morning.

(Pain woke me at 5.40am and need for the loo).

Reactions: 13lizanne