What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
B: Omelette with cheese and mushrooms

L: Leftover chicken, curried, with veg

Snack: had a go at baking some seed crackers and had to sample some once they cooled (delicious!)

D: two lamb chops with veg.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried egg and crispy bacon
L: Asparagus tips with butter .. Lidl has these on offer at 59p .. I can't resist !
D: Homemade chilli con carne
S: Handful nuts and half a pomegranate

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B: :arghh: Breakfast carvery at Toby carvery - sausages, bacon, eggs, few baked beans, mushrooms. I've found that I can tolerate a small amount of baked beans as long as I eat them with a lot of meats and fats.

L: Nothing

D: Chicken Curry and Caulirice

You can see that my third attempt at the blood sugar diet is not doing so well. It might go better when my husband gets back on a different shift pattern but, at the moment, he's on afters shift until after Christmas and a proper cooked breakfast is my biggest temptation.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello:)
B. Red berries with yoghurt

L. 20g Stilton with salad

40 minutes swimming

D. 1 rasher bacon, 2 eggs, 2 slices of black pudding and 1 1/2 reduced fat super sausages. Not to be recommended!

Ruth26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: None
L: None
Coffee with cream
D: Omelette with bacon, onion & cheese with some veg
Yogurt / linseed / cream / raspberries
Think I need some nuts too ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: chicken wings in piri piri glaze. Divine. 8 oz sirloin with salad, grilled tom, mushroom, and too many chips. Gave half to Mr B, but should have given 3/4!
D: none

Interestingly, yesterday and today I have only wanted to eat once a day, but haven't been able to last til evening. Optimum eating window seems to be 2-4pm, with no need for snacks or nibbles at any other time. On the other hand, waiting til 7pm feels like an endurance test.

Will be curious to see what happens tomorrow... But will have no objection to eating 6x, if that feels like the right thing... :)

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday started OK. Raspberry yogurt smoothie for breakfast. {Full fat yogurt, frozen raspberries, cream and water all whizzed together. Lunch was half a Lidl protein roll toasted with cheese and a cold chipolata.
Afternoon BG reading 5.7
Then it all went wrong, :(
Teatime.. hubby fancied fish and chips. It was my birthday so I said OK . I'll have some fish and just a few of your chips. I'd done this before and taken all the batter off the fish with no problems.. well I probably had about 16 chips, ( double my usual ) and I was naughty and ate the batter from the top of the fish.. left the bottom bit.
I went out afterwards for my usual 30 minute walk and felt yuk.. low grade headache and no energy. Took my BG on return and it was 10.2 .. eek ! It hasn't been that since I was diagnosed over 2 years ago ! I drank lots of water and still at 10.2 an hour later.
Had a mug of cocoa with cream and 20 mins later it had come down to 8.6 . Ate a few nuts and it was down to 7.2 before I went to bed at 1am.
Feeling like I have a hangover today.. yuk ! Now I know why I avoid carbs !!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@daisyduck It might not be the fish & chips. I had a high BG reading day yesterday. Fasting was 8.7 (very high for me) and just got worse as the day went along. Nothing would bring it down. Went to bed at midnight with a BG reading of 7.8 after not having eaten since 6pm which is really high for me. Then this morning I woke up with a heavy cold and my BG was doing what it should have been doing - started the day at 5.8 and had some brekkie - then by lunchtime it had come down to 4.8. One of the positives (the only positive I've discovered) about having diabetes is having advance warning of colds and infections.

Reactions: daisyduck

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today:

Breakfast: Low carb chipolatas and a few baked beans
Lunch: Bag of Sunbites popcorn
Dinner: Chicken in some kind of marinade (probably BBQ), sour cream dip, salad

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@daisyduck It might not be the fish & chips. I had a high BG reading day yesterday. Fasting was 8.7 (very high for me) and just got worse as the day went along. Nothing would bring it down. Went to bed at midnight with a BG reading of 7.8 after not having eaten since 6pm which is really high for me. Then this morning I woke up with a heavy cold and my BG was doing what it should have been doing - started the day at 5.8 and had some brekkie - then by lunchtime it had come down to 4.8. One of the positives (the only positive I've discovered) about having diabetes is having advance warning of colds and infections.
Aha. thanks. The son and daughter in law both have a bug. I just feel a bit yuk today.. hope I haven't got it

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday
breakfast - porridge
lunch - 1/2 lidl roll with cheese
dinner - 1/4 pounder burger with baked mediterranean veg.

Reactions: Chook and mo53

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

L: Ham & Chicken Salad
D: Gammon, Egg, Baked Beans and Sweet Potato chips - too many of them it turned out

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
S: LC muffin, 80 secs in microwave. :)
L: none
D: slow cooked barbecue spiced pork steaks with lots of slow cooked veg, and a little root veg mash.

Have had too many carbs the last 3 days, and boy can I feel it. Will start tomorrow with a BIG LC breakfast, and that should stop this carb creepification in its tracks.

Reactions: Chook and mo53

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just finished lovely mushers sautéed in butter, 3 poached eggs and 4 rashers of beautiful bacon and a nice hog with just 4.9g carbs for the pot:)

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

Ruth26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: coffee with cream

Out for a pub lunch: Hamburger with bacon & cheese, salad, coleslaw (no bun or chips) ... hope the cider didn't do too much harm ;)

D: Yogurt / raspberries / linseed / cream

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@KevinPotts
Just finished lovely mushers sautéed in butter, 3 poached eggs and 4 rashers of beautiful bacon and a nice hog with just 4.9g carbs for the pot:)

I love a fry up - even if its changed nowadays to a poached-and-grill up. I'm curious though - what are mushers (anything is nice when sauteed in butter) - and whats a hog? (Sausages??)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
S: LC muffin, 80 secs in microwave. :)

OMG - I haven't had one of those in ages!!! I like mine with ginger in and a touch of gingerbread calorie/carb free syrup on the top - oh and a BIG dollop of Lidl turkish yoghurt (that they don't seem to sell any more).

@Brunneria 'Carb creepification' - Great phrase - I'll have to try to remember that.

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@KevinPotts

I love a fry up - even if its changed nowadays to a poached-and-grill up. I'm curious though - what are mushers (anything is nice when sauteed in butter) - and whats a hog? (Sausages??)

i'm glad you asked. I was about to. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
@KevinPotts

They're mushrooms:)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ahhhhhhh - stupid me!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: