Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Whoops - 6.9 this morning! I know exactly why - mum's home made apple pudding last night when I was at the parents. I'm sorry but there are some things in life I'm just not prepared to completely give up (and it wasn't half seriously tasty!)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hum - I'm going to have to pray to St Anthony again! At least let my numbers be consistently in the 6s! This morning - 7.5 and an increase in Lantus is beckoning!

I think I am going to talk to him St. Anthony too...

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes

Cold weather narrows the blood vessels so readings I understand tend to be higher.

yes it has been cold for a while here now and I have been in the 5´ves for some weeks, and I did actually burn 1750 calories in the fitness center yesterday and only ate 1600 calories... so I thought it would bring my numbers down to about 5.0 mmol..
but maybe the "hunger" instead has trigered my liver to get even more active... so that I have enough glucose-fuel also today anoying... but quite normal to many I think.. but well another of my goals is to loose weight , and that I do do again luckily

Reactions: callyandy

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
My BG was 5.2 this morning. I've been having hypos all week, mostly at night and the last 3 or 3 have been bad. So I stopped my glyburide yesterday and my BG a great 5.2mmol/L on waking up. I've lost 10kg and gone down two pant sizes.. Since I've started my calorie counting and regular exercise routine, my BG has been very stable. I had one hypo while I was out doing a 4km run. That was spooky.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi jonbvn. Know it's not a competition but I want to get it down to less than 6. But thanks for the joke.
TBH i wasnt joking. It really isn't a competition with each other but it is with our "disease".

IMHO this thread is just a way for all of us to share or BG levels amongst like minded people. To celebrate the lower readings and to offer moral supporr and advice to those experiencing higher readings.

Good luck in getting your FBG to your desired level! We all know it is not a straightforward task and the key is persistence.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel a slight failure when I see other people's readings but I applaud them!

Yes I can understand that.. sometimes I also think that myabe it is not right to give this winner star to anyone more than to others as all has their share of battle and maybe those with the higher numbers actually do a much more intense battle all the time compared to those that easily do get their numbers down..
non of us choosed the diabetic disease on purpose... and we have also not orselves decided in what degree we want to have it..