Type 2 Peripheral neuropathy pain relief

nannoo_bird

Hi all. Does anyone have any suggestions for the relief of acute PN pains? I have spent years on the usual drugs prescribed for this, but realised I suffered serious side effects. Now I am off these and get horrid stabbing pains and painful joints. Any help would be much appreciated.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Metformin and better glucose control reversed mine but I only had them for about a month before I sought treatment. I know that is probably not what you are looking for and some one else may have some other help-that is really my only experience with PN. I sympathize with your pain-I could not believe how uncomfortable it was when it started.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
acute thats a hard one, on longer term taking R-alpha-lipoic Acid high dose like 600-900 mg a day, getting enough magnesium and potassium, and vitamin-C , and GLA(gamma lanolinic acid), high dose B12

But of natural soft pain-killers i only know of chillí and cherries ( about 30 piecec), but dont think they are very effective...
sorry but only have not very effective suggestions
https://draxe.com/diabetic-neuropathy/

Last edited:
Reactions: SWUSA_

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you manage to find any relief please let me know as my feet are getting worse, driving me crazy .

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Getting my blood glucose levels down reversed the pain in my feet, although there's still some numbness.

Sarebear86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a problem with the nerves in my back causing pains in my legs, the only thing that really helped me was amitriptyline at night so I could actually sleep and pregabalin through the day. You have to be careful with gabapentin, it made me put a shed load of weight on, not something you need

nanny_nee_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. Does anyone have any suggestions for the relief of acute PN pains? I have spent years on the usual drugs prescribed for this, but realised I suffered serious side effects. Now I am off these and get horrid stabbing pains and painful joints. Any help would be much appreciated.
amitripyline works for me, plus,you may sleep better. good luck

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

nanny_nee_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Amitripyline works for me. plus, you may sleep better. good luck

nanny_nee_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had a problem with the nerves in my back causing pains in my legs, the only thing that really helped me was amitriptyline at night so I could actually sleep and pregabalin through the day. You have to be careful with gabapentin, it made me put a shed load of weight on, not something you need
Yes! you do have to be careful with gabapentin, that's true, Amitripyline
works for me, eve

Reactions: Freema

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A.L.A is not a pain reliever I don't know how it works but it seems to stop the actual pain occurring I am sure someone with the know how will be able to post a link !
CAROL

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@nannoo_bird - I am intrigued about these 'horrendous' withdrawal symptoms?
I have been on Tramadol and Pregabalin before for a bad back = 4 years ago and 2 years ago and now. When I have been weaned off them the only thing I noticed was sweating.

nannoo_bird

@nannoo_bird - I am intrigued about these 'horrendous' withdrawal symptoms?
I have been on Tramadol and Pregabalin before for a bad back = 4 years ago and 2 years ago and now. When I have been weaned off them the only thing I noticed was sweating.

Not everyone has problems, but there are a significant number that do. I had terrible anxiety, panic attacks and eventually a complete meltdown. If you are interested, do have a look at the FB page called "Lyrica Survivors" - it is very interesting but so sad.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@nannoo_bird - Sorry to read that you had a really bad time. But, You are OK now? And Thank You I will read the article you mention. :)