My first repeat HBA1C!

MissMac

Well, I know...I've been quiet really...just not posting much but still battling with the LCHF and the like. Well anyway...as much as it was setting my anxiety off I booked in to get my HbA1c done...results in today....I thought maybe I would be ok with 48 or something...got told "they're normal" which is in no way good enough for me...asked to know the value...39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! I have read people's success stories and, quite frankly been jealous and wondered why I would never be that person who did so well.......39!!! STOKED doesn't come close :) xx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fabulous result - very, very well done! x

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@MissMac reading your post has set me up for the day - I'm really really happy for you!

:)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Amazing work. Just think back to how worried you were at the start, and look at you now! well done.

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your results. Well done for all your hard work to attain them. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I know...I've been quiet really...just not posting much but still battling with the LCHF and the like. Well anyway...as much as it was setting my anxiety off I booked in to get my HbA1c done...results in today....I thought maybe I would be ok with 48 or something...got told "they're normal" which is in no way good enough for me...asked to know the value...39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! I have read people's success stories and, quite frankly been jealous and wondered why I would never be that person who did so well.......39!!! STOKED doesn't come close :) xx

wow you are good... very good reason to be proud..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloody amazing and very well done indeed! Another inspiration for us all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! Bet you fancy celebrating? What's it gonna be? lol

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awesome, can you confirm, have you been doing very a low carb diet, or moderate low carb etc? Just interested to know what measures you have taken.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@MissMac I remember you as the lady who wanted to go the chippy in holey leggings! Bet you are glad you didn't now and were able to resist your cravings. You are in inspiration. Well done! :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news. I love a success story. Hope you will continue to post and inspire others.

MissMac

Brilliant! Bet you fancy celebrating? What's it gonna be? lol
Ha ha well I cried and my mum seems to think I can eat what I like now but take it from me...no wheat or grain is passing these lips and if there is ANY refined sugar it will be the teaspoon of xmas pudding in a few weeks with all the cream! It would be TOO easy to fall back into my old ways from laziness but I won't...the weight loss and energy and just general well-being I feel outweighs ANY desire to eat anything carby or sugary!! I MIGHT treat myself to the cheesecake with the nut crust I have been talking about for months but we'll see!
Thank you EVERYONE for your comments...I still have not come off the ceiling to be honest! xxx

Reactions: 75Bedford

MissMac

Awesome, can you confirm, have you been doing very a low carb diet, or moderate low carb etc? Just interested to know what measures you have taken.
If i am honest Juicetin...I have not counted in the sense of knowing exactly what is what but have tried to keep as low as humanely possible..I would say my carb count is around the 20 mark but often less as I choose to fill up on my veg and fats and stuff....I have just got in touch with a nutritonist who is totally on board and is gonna help me with the cooking side of things as I do struggle somewhat! xxx

Last edited: