is using a CGM with an insulin pump useful?

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I disagree wholely. A CGM is just a must as far as im concered and I pay for it myself or find ways to get it paid for.
I agree (with you). I have zero desire (or need) to go on a pump, but my CGM (Dexcom G5) is the most important tool in my diabetes management (aside from insulin).

About two months ago, I went to my local JDRF meeting with 15-20 other adult people with type 1. We discussed this exact same thing and there wasn't a single person who thought a pump was more valuable than their CGM.

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I disagree wholely. A CGM is just a must as far as im concered and I pay for it myself or find ways to get it paid for.
Hi @Engineer88, I do feel a CGM is very important to good control, but if the NHS won't fund it and costs are too expensive for self funding, what are the other options available to get help???

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I agree (with you). I have zero desire (or need) to go on a pump, but my CGM (Dexcom G5) is the most important tool in my diabetes management (aside from insulin).

About two months ago, I went to my local JDRF meeting with 15-20 other adult people with type 1. We discussed this exact same thing and there wasn't a single person who thought a pump was more valuable than their CGM.
It would be though if you suffered from the Dawn Phenomenon. The cgm will as you know tell you when its happening and using a pump you can adjust your hourly basal rate for it. Of course you could wake up at early o'clock and give yourself an injection but by the week is out you'll be shattered from broken sleep.

Regards

Martin