Am I completely thick

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there sorry to bother you all with what is probably the most stupid question ever but what is almond flour :(

Reactions: Freema

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In Holland and Barrett they have almond flour but I have used ground almonds. Hope this helps

Reactions: Freema
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very tempted to comment on the title of your thread since we are in the food section by saying, I dunno, how much corn flour have you eaten. boom boom.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very tempted to comment on the title of your thread since we are in the food section by saying, I dunno, how much corn flour have you eaten. boom boom.
Oh haha very comical of you, actually gave me and my mum a good chuckle :)

S

Shar67

:pompous::oops:;)
Hi there sorry to bother you all with what is probably the most stupid question ever but what is almond flour :(

It's like me with oat or rice or soya milk, how on earth to you milk a rice grain, you would only get a tiny teeny bit out at a time:pompous::oops:;)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Oh I'm so glad it's not just me lol

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I'm so glad it's not just me lol
Oh no i'm relieved it wasn't just me haha felt like a right idiot typing almond flour in the search box of asda, tesco etc and it coming p with no results found :( lol

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:pompous::oops:;)

It's like me with oat or rice or soya milk, how on earth to you milk a rice grain, you would only get a tiny teeny bit out at a time:pompous::oops:;)
Haha very true, your dog is gorgeous by the way :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can make your own if you have a food processor by putting in the ground almonds and wizzing them until they get a finer texture more like regular flour.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almond flour is very finely ground shelled almonds, a good substitute for regular flour and is used in many low carb recipes. Coconut flour, similarly is very finely ground desiccated coconut, and cheaper than almond flour, which is expensive. Almond meal is finely ground almonds with shells on. So a 'rougher' texture like wholemeal flour. You can get them all from Holland and Barrett or cheaper on-line.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Don't feel bad - I was confused by this too when I first started out.

lisajo2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just bought coconut flour from tesco. Looked at recipes online and it seems you need to add thousands of eggs to each recipe. So it's put me off. Just thinking too coconutty and too eggy tasting. I will give it a go at some point.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just bought coconut flour from tesco. Looked at recipes online and it seems you need to add thousands of eggs to each recipe. So it's put me off. Just thinking too coconutty and too eggy tasting. I will give it a go at some point.

A balance of almond flour coconut flour and chick pea flour in equal measures works for most recipes @Lisajohann