Resetting current insulin in Metronic 640G

Moodle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I have my first dodgy cannula today. Not bad after 4 months I guess. Anyway blood sugar has been going up all morning. So changed it and it was as crooked as a dogs hind leg! :)

Is there a way of resetting the insulin my pump thinks is in my system. If indeed its possible?

Many thanks in Advance!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
You can do this but only once
It is in utilities menu under manage settings. Once reset you can't ever do this procedure again

Reactions: Moodle

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you haven't used the pump for any bolusing or corrections in the time you've had the dodgy cannula, it doesn't pay attention to IOB from basal when you use the bolus wizard, so there's not a lot of point in resetting it in that case.

If you have, check how long before you changed the cannula that you did this. If it is longer ago than you have your Insulin Duration set then, again, the pump will have forgotten.

Reactions: Moodle

Moodle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks guys! Weirdly someone had bought a massive packet of biscuits in the office, so giving insulin all over the place, typical. I did a bit of manual calculations and its coming down now. Shame you can only do that once though!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can do this but you need to go to the option in the menu and there is a little button sequence to unlock this (can't remember what it is) but google should be able to tell you...

Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
Hi

I have my first dodgy cannula today. Not bad after 4 months I guess. Anyway blood sugar has been going up all morning. So changed it and it was as crooked as a dogs hind leg! :)

Is there a way of resetting the insulin my pump thinks is in my system. If indeed its possible?

Many thanks in Advance!

Hi With the Medtronic Mini Med there is a SUSPEND in the Main Menu "SO" If you mess Up for any Reason, And need
to start again This is after BG put in or Wifi sent, Food has been calculated and put in (carb count) The Pump has done
its Sums or Calc's you PUSH THE ENTER or ACT Button and the PUMP pump's, IF you push the ACT button again it "ASKS"
DO you want to SUSPEND? ....... if you push ACT again it "STOPS" THE PUMP Wait a Min the push ACT again RESUME
starts and the PUMP goes back to START AGAIN.
Hope this Helps INSULINMAN Still on a Pump