How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

Katrina5664

Type of diabetes
Type 1
August 2016 age 60. Unbelievable but still true. Still coming to terms with that and other health issues.
Katrina

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
2012, I was 60, I believe.

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
Diagnosed as Type 1 25 years ago, aged 38, after I had the flu. Uphill battle since then but achieved my lowest HbA1C 3 months ago so on the way to being within the guideline of between 6-7%. Major benefits - DAFNE, apps to record and track BGL and lots of reading about the condition.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
working hard
i got diagnosed march 1967 at the age of 3 so i've had it for 54 years but was ill for sometime before that so probably closer to 55 years

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
41 years , 1st September 1980 1 month of 18th birthday

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
35 years ago, aged 10 months. My dad was told I was the second youngest in Scotland ever, at the time, though even by the time I was 10 I was nowhere near close to the youngest anymore.

johnmeredith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought that should be a great idea to share our experiences;)

I got diagnosed by 21 and have it now for 6 weeks, but my doc told me he never had a patient that handled it so well:D
Keep up the good work and maintain good control over your diabetes. I was diagnosed 2 weeks after my 15th birthday, and that was 62 years ago.