Feeling shaky

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've mentioned this before on here but it's still happening i feel like I'm constantly shaking inside my body it's such a wierd feeling it's making me feel nervous aswell has anyone else felt like it its doing my head in ha

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes there fine I check them 4-5 times a day but I just have this constant shaking feeling inside my body

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are or have you changed your diet recently? Could you be deficient in any vitamins especially if you are following a tightly controlled diet plan.

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No I eat pritty much what I like and my blood sugar levels are absolutely fine when I got diagnosed 6months ago my hba1c was 132 it's down to 42 now

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I would talk to the doctor and discuss any meds you may be on.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@djry - it's best to see your doc as the symptom you are having could be for anything really. Eg. I get shaky when my iron level is too low. I also get shaky when I'm too nauseated and have a migraine. Of course I get shaky when I hypo, but you've already mentioned your sugar levels are fine. My mother said she got shaky too and one time she actually passed out and her doc found her sodium level was too low. So best to see your doc as if it keeps happening and it's concerning you, don't leave it as maybe something is wrong and you need help. Our bodies warn us when not happy. I wish you the best. :)

Flojo68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type 2 on metformin 1000mg and Tresiba insulin I sometimes get the shakes and palpitations which sometimes last for a couple of days I was taken to hospital last Monday as my GP thought I might be having a heart attack ( I do have a heart murmur ) I am now waiting to see a cardiologist . I do have trouble with my diet as I have IBS ,my BG ranges from 7+ in the morning to 10+ at night but my DN says she is not worried about it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am type 2 on metformin 1000mg and Tresiba insulin I sometimes get the shakes and palpitations which sometimes last for a couple of days I was taken to hospital last Monday as my GP thought I might be having a heart attack ( I do have a heart murmur ) I am now waiting to see a cardiologist . I do have trouble with my diet as I have IBS ,my BG ranges from 7+ in the morning to 10+ at night but my DN says she is not worried about it.
Me too. I'm on humulin m3 not tresiba thou.
Same symptoms as you. Dizziness in rest too. I'm also having investigations (ct angiogram on 18th). Only change is my diet. I used lchf diet to reduce my units of insulin.
My range was 3.6-11.2 but just getting over horrendeous cold with severe congestion and sore throat. I'm hoping it was virus related.
It was noted I had an inferolateral t wave inversion on ecg and Acute high blood pressure.
Breathlessness in movement continues. Palpatations have gone on increased wholewheat foods. Had to increase insulin to accomodate dietary change.
Should I PM you on my scan findings? Is your appointment with cardiologist before 18th? I'll be very interested on how you get on. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes there fine I check them 4-5 times a day but I just have this constant shaking feeling inside my body
When was your blood pressure last checked?

sallyhack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@djry - it's best to see your doc as the symptom you are having could be for anything really. Eg. I get shaky when my iron level is too low. I also get shaky when I'm too nauseated and have a migraine. Of course I get shaky when I hypo, but you've already mentioned your sugar levels are fine. My mother said she got shaky too and one time she actually passed out and her doc found her sodium level was too low. So best to see your doc as if it keeps happening and it's concerning you, don't leave it as maybe something is wrong and you need help. Our bodies warn us when not happy. I wish you the best. :)
Hi, I am trying to understand the problems about which my wife complains - type 2 with insulin. She recently had dental surgery - the placing of a pin in the jaw for an implant. She has experienced extreme pain for the past two weeks and has at the same time damaged her knee which now requires the use of a crutch. She is tired and has little energy. She finds doing things really debilitating, spending most of her time on the bed. There are other symptoms but I was wondering whether you had any similar symptoms as you seem to have many of the problems which she has. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Chris

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am trying to understand the problems about which my wife complains - type 2 with insulin. She recently had dental surgery - the placing of a pin in the jaw for an implant. She has experienced extreme pain for the past two weeks and has at the same time damaged her knee which now requires the use of a crutch. She is tired and has little energy. She finds doing things really debilitating, spending most of her time on the bed. There are other symptoms but I was wondering whether you had any similar symptoms as you seem to have many of the problems which she has. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Chris

Hi Chris - No, I've not had dental surgery on my jaw, and I don't have knee problems. I'm not sure if you're asking about the pain aspect? The pain your wife is experiencing could be from any one thing or a multiple of things. My pain is from multiple things. I hope she has good medical care. I do know though that when my pain level is high so is my fatigue level. It's hard to function when you don't have much energy to do so. I have to pace myself. It sounds like your wife is dealing with a lot of pain and fatigue. I couldn't say what is wrong either as I'm not a doc, but I hope your wife gets to feeling much better and gets the medical help she needs. I wish you both the best. :)

sallyhack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Chris - No, I've not had dental surgery on my jaw, and I don't have knee problems. I'm not sure if you're asking about the pain aspect? The pain your wife is experiencing could be from any one thing or a multiple of things. My pain is from multiple things. I hope she has good medical care. I do know though that when my pain level is high so is my fatigue level. It's hard to function when you don't have much energy to do so. I have to pace myself. It sounds like your wife is dealing with a lot of pain and fatigue. I couldn't say what is wrong either as I'm not a doc, but I hope your wife gets to feeling much better and gets the medical help she needs. I wish you both the best. :)

Thank you kindly for the response. In your experience, do folks with diabetes struggle more with pain than folks without diabetes. This would be a subjective outlook as I appreciate that you cannot speak for others. Thus my question would perhaps be: Is pain felt more strongly by folks with diabetes - in your opinion?
Thanks again, Chris

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you kindly for the response. In your experience, do folks with diabetes struggle more with pain than folks without diabetes. This would be a subjective outlook as I appreciate that you cannot speak for others. Thus my question would perhaps be: Is pain felt more strongly by folks with diabetes - in your opinion?
Thanks again, Chris

Well I'd say pain is subjective in that everyone has different pain level tolerance which can even vary with the same person too depending on a number of factors. I'm not sure having diabetes increases pain level as such, although higher sugar levels means we're more prone to inflammation and infection so it is possible it makes us more sensitive to pain. Also sugar levels impact on us in a variety of ways too which can in turn impact our pain tolerance no doubt. I know my sugar level rises when my pain level rises for example... so that means I would feel the effects of the high sugar levels along with the increased pain level. That's my experience anyhow.