DLA form

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Don't think you can get DLA for diabetes.

allen-lynn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is their something specific which you are struggling with on the form?
My daughter just been awarded DLA for her ADHD at beginning of year so not sure if its just an update with her T1 condition to previous form completed or do I have to complete fully again with details of both conditions

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter just been awarded DLA for her ADHD at beginning of year so not sure if its just an update with her T1 condition to previous form completed or do I have to complete fully again with details of both conditions
I'm afraid I'm not really in any position to advise here, as I've never needed to complete one of these forms. But I do hope that some parents who have already completed the form can assist you soon.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think you can get DLA for diabetes.

Adults can't get dla for diabetes alone, although they can if they also have disabling diabetic complications, but children under 16 requiring more care because of their condition can get dla for diabetes. OP said it was for an application in respect of her 10 year old so dla is Available for her.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi put down all your daughter medical conditions and if you have letters from doctors, nurses etc.. send copies of them in. My daughter was recieving DLA for 2 years then got refused cos they thought cos she was 13 years old she could do everything herself, went to appeal and got refused then took it to upper tier and judge favoured us and agreed my daughter is entitled to the DLA so if you get refused for any reason fight it all the way