Diagnosed today 12th Dec 2016

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
After a couple of years dreading becoming diabetic it has finally happened. My HbA1C was 6.5% which is bang on the cusp. So I have returned to this forum to learn a thing or two. I'm taking it all in my stride at the moment. I'm the heaviest I've ever been so it will be good for me to lose some weight. Looking forward to reading others threads.

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Welcome back... have you now got the determination now to make improvements to your wellbeing?

To go to being heaviest and now diabetic should hopefully be telling you to make changes?

Have you been put on meds or given any advice from health care people?

Reactions: DiamondAsh

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I see in your signature that you are a fan of Eric Berg. You should definitely take his dietary advice:

I remember watching this a while ago and I thought it was quite a good video.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That is a most excellent video, thank you for posting it. I am surprised he has not been sued for flat out stating that the American diabetes society is causing diabetes although it is certainly true.

Stuart7152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see in your signature that you are a fan of Eric Berg. You should definitely take his dietary advice:

Excellent video and more evidence to work towards LCHF lifestyle. Looks like the majority of the food industry is following the previous smoking agenda and pushing carb's and just ignores the facts to make vast amounts of money at our expense. Where's all the independent government advice to changes this situation and save the NHS.

The sugar industry get richer and the population morphs to obesity. Everybody knew 30 years ago that carb's and sugar made you fat, but somehow we have forgotten this by clever marketing and bias funding.

Reactions: Prem51

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Welcome back... have you now got the determination now to make improvements to your wellbeing?

To go to being heaviest and now diabetic should hopefully be telling you to make changes?

Have you been put on meds or given any advice from health care people?

I'm not on any meds, using diet only. Am seeing a Nurse soon, on the 28th.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Thanks for that video link ... it was very helpful.

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me