Story so far

Stuart5646

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed at the beginning of August this year with an ac1 of 102, at that point I weighed 21st 10lb.

I was put on 500mg metformin SR

Had my bloods done last week and I'm down to an ac1 of 60 and I've dropped to 17st 5lb.

It's along way left to go but I feel I've made some progress

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed at the beginning of August this year with an ac1 of 102, at that point I weighed 21st 10lb.

Had my bloods done last week and I'm down to an ac1 of 6 and I've dropped to 17st 5lb.

wow well done !

PoppyPetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great progress. Be proud of yourself. I still have a long way to go weightwise but my numbers were brilliant after just 5 months. Keep up the good work.

Stuart5646

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well to update I've bought a meter and have begged a fastclix lancet device from Roche after explaining I'm very nervous about needles.

Weight is down to 16st 10lb.

My fitness is up and passed a annual bleep test last week.

I've done 3 tests so far fasting this morning was 7.4 mmol/l and pre meal last night was 6.5

Reactions: Prem51

shez

Hi Stuart
That's fab weight loss can I ask how you have done it as I need to loose at least 3 stone for an op I have about 6 months to do it in, so any help you can give me will be greatly received

PoppyPetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Shez,

Not sure what Stuart is doing but I changed lifestyle to lchf. In the first 21 weeks I lost 20 kilos although that has slowed down now but still losing. I am sure there are others here who will have shown even quicker weight loss than this on lchf because they will also have been exercising too. The most I do are short walks.

Reactions: Prem51

Stuart5646

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit of an update, Ive been self monitoring now and am getting an average of the records on my phone of 8.1.

My weight has continued to drop and now down to 16 st 2lb and feeling a lot better

Reactions: 75Bedford

Stuart5646

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Sorry i didnt pick up on the how I had done it, I have used myfitness pal, I record everything, keep sugar under 70g per day, and have tried to keep carbs down, I've found hunger has gone and food intake is really reduced.

I've cut all refined carbs, and really reduced on things like potatoes

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Had my bloods done last week and I'm down to an ac1 of 60 and I've dropped to 17st 5lb.

Well done,I am sure if you keep it up your a1C will continue to go down!