Oral Thrush Query

JohnnyAngel57

Hi folks,
Long time no see. I'm in a bit of a quandry; from feeling fine last Thursday at a bbq where I eat sensibly it started getting cold so we came indoors, and while thawing out a bit I had a quick sneezing fit, which pulled a muscle badly in the side of my chest, and compounded by a stinking cold I'm ripping myself to pieces every time I cough, plus I've now got oral thrush right at the back of my mouth. I got Daktarin from the pharmacy, but its impossible to use I have to put it on my finger and twist my finger round to try and reach the back of my mouth where it hurts the most and round the epiglotis but most drops off and I'm slavering like a rabid dog, so end up losing it and after 1 day it seems a waste of time.
What I'm hoping someone might know is; is there any lozenges I can get to suck which will treat the thrush as doing it this way it seems I'm never going to get rid of it. Thing is I keep reading that sky high bs causes it but I'm not much up and quite often in the correct area. This is the 1st time I've had OT, I've had the other end a few times which dr gave me some cream for and it was gone in a day, but at this rate if I can't get pastiles I'm doomed. My body hates me at the moment. My pulled muscle has spread because of all the coughing. I'm doing 6-8 steam inhalations daily, can't sleep much as can't lay down without coughing my guts up, which hurts my side and to cap it all my legs are as swollen to hell but at least my circulation booster is helping with those, but I know its a slow process. Sorry this is such a long thread but I'm at the smashing my head on the wall stage almost pmsl but basically can anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Discuss this with GP as there are more appropriate lozenges or drops or gel available and the GP will prescribe rather than relying on over the counter medIcation which may not be suitable or powerful enough.

k9kitty

Do make an appointment with your GP, there are aniseed flavoured pastilles which dissolve in your mouth that treat oral thrush, check if they are ok with your diabetes. Plus prebiotic plain yoghurt will also help. Had a few bouts of this myself and its miserable.
Don't forget to test blood regularly whilst you are poorly
Hope it clears up soon

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Johnny :)

I agree with all the above posts and would also strongly urge to really get your BG levels down as low as is sensible. You need to give yourself the best possible chances of getting shot of this asap.

Big <<hugs>>, hope you feel better really soon! :)

JohnnyAngel57

Thanks everyone who answered my thread. I'm making an appt tomorrow though it will probably be Friday before I see him. I've tried persevering with the darned gel on the finger, and I'm getting better at it but still slavering like a rabid dog lol, but the pain and burning isn't as bad so I must be getting something right. I'll definitely get some natural yogurt I must admit I never gave those a thought, and I do use them sometimes to make my own garlic yogurt recipe which is better than anything the kebab shop could ever do lol, not that I have much kebabs nowadays, but do love them with a good salad and lots of garlic yogurt, I just love garlic in any form as long as I can taste it Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, :D
Cheers,
John