ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I had my has whatever it is as I always forget what it is, was done last Tuesday.
I rang this afternoon for the result and it was 6.6. I am over the moon with the result. Also my cholestral has gone down to 5.4.

Last edited:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fab-u-lous Ally well done you!

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1 that's wonderful progress. Well done as your hard work is showing results. I hope this is encouragement to keep going.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really so well done, @ally1 . You've had such a struggle to get here, but I can't tell you how much I admire your determination and your ability to really stick with it.

Reactions: Energize

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my has whatever it is as I always forget what it is, was done last Tuesday.
I rang this afternoon for the result and it was 6.6. I am over the moon with the result. Also my cholestral has gone down to 5.4.

Well done @ally1 I've seen your FBG improve so much on the time I've been on this forum - great result!

Reactions: Energize

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @ally1

Your effort and resolve to get on top of this disease is an inspiration to all of us

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Really so well done, @ally1 . You've had such a struggle to get here, but I can't tell you how much I admire your determination and your ability to really stick with it.
Thank you. Over the last few months I have been taking a new anti pscotic, though at a low dose, because it's notions for putting weight on. Also the psych has said it also causes higher readings in diabetics. Between us, we have decided to see how it goes because the med is helping so much with my bipolar xx

Reactions: Prem51

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Over the last few months I have been taking a new anti pscotic, though at a low dose, because it's notions for putting weight on. Also the psych has said it also causes higher readings in diabetics. Between us, we have decided to see how it goes because the med is helping so much with my bipolar xx

Ally, when there are other conditions than diabetes in the mix, I'm sure sometimes it's about getting the balancing act about right. I can only say my gut feeling would be that if you are feeling better in yourself, mentally, you will be less stressed. Stress can unhelpful for our blood levels. so maybe that's part of the balance that's going well.

I wish you and yours a very happy festive period Ally, and all the best for 2017. Hopefully this positive improvement can be maintained and allow you to get on with your life. I'm really chuffed for you with those results.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @ally1

I agree with @AndBreathe particularly regarding considering other health problems in the mix. I feel it is imperative to be feeling well mentally in order to tackle the other issues, especially where diet is concerned. I'm really pleased for you that some new medication is having good benefits. I'm sure it will make such a difference. You're clearly working very hard re diet/numbers and it's great to see the brilliant results.

Well done :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi @ally1

I agree with @AndBreathe particularly regarding considering other health problems in the mix. I feel it is imperative to be feeling well mentally in order to tackle the other issues, especially where diet is concerned. I'm really pleased for you that some new medication is having good benefits. I'm sure it will make such a difference. You're clearly working very hard re diet/numbers and it's great to see the brilliant results.

Well done :)
Thank you