Hopefully A Great Turn Around

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've not been on the forum for a while but I just wanted to share what I hope is really good news. Finally, earlier this year, I got my head into gear to lose weight and so far I've lost five and a half stone, with another two and a half to three stone to go. That is my preference as I could lose less than this but it's what I'm happy with. When I've lost weight before, I do it in a way that is discipline for me. I only have a sweet treat once a week and avoid sugar, (unless it's hidden in food). in my diet for the rest of the time.

Last week I had my 6 monthly none fasting blood tests ready for seeing the Diabetic Nurse this week. I've had a phone call today from the doctors wanting me to have another none fasting blood test this week because my results have dropped so significantly that they want to make sure it's happening through control. Fingers crossed, this is down to me purely watching what I eat, etc. I have the blood tests on Friday before my Diabetic Nurse appointment and the doctor wants to see me in the New Year for a chat about it. I am nervous but I asked if the doctor was worried and the lady I spoke to, said there wasn't any note saying the doctor was concerned, they just want to check so I'm hoping it's good news. Fingers crossed I'm finally doing something right. It's taken some time for me to do this but I feel tremendous and even though I sometimes would love to bite down on a bar of Galaxy, I keep focussed on how important it is that I stay on the healthy food path. Thanks for reading.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Brilliant! Congratulations :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Aldebaran! Do let us know your results when you get them, it's always great to hear of successes.:)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done from me too, that's a terrific achievement!

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments and yes Prem51, I'll let you know the results, I'll ring about them after Christmas week and book my appointment with the doctor. It's took me a long time to get my head round the Diabetes and my weight and now I'm absolutely thrilled. Even hubby, bless him, has lost three stone and he's partly disabled so we're happy bunnies right now. I am nervous but I just hope the doctors and Diabetic team are pleased with me. I feel like a new woman :)

Reactions: Prem51 and jonbvn

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on the huge weight loss. I'm sure you feel like a different person. It is very likely that your bloods have improved hugely and the doc is just making sure the results are not a statistical anomaly.

Reactions: Prem51

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Wow! I am so impressed. What willpower. What a phenomenal improvement in your health.
I am not surprised your doctor wants to see you, he probably wants to congratulate you himself.:)

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully that's what it will be jonbvn. I'll know more on Friday after I see the Diabetic Nurse as they go through all the results and checks with me while I'm there. They'll be able to see the weight loss when I get weighed and I'll go through how I've done it with them.

Thanks spendercat. I don't mind feeling the cold more, or having baggy clothes and I feel more like the old me, (which to some people is scary lol). I walk with my head up now instead of down and when I get a twinge for something sweet and tempting, I just think of my health and how good I feel. Next year is our 30th wedding anniversary and just to be excited about having something suave to wear is good enough for me. I should have done this years ago but at least I'm doing this now. Thanks again everyone.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done ( and like someone else has said - I'm jealous too!)

Enjoy your 'new you', you have worked hard for this :)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Hopefully that's what it will be jonbvn. I'll know more on Friday after I see the Diabetic Nurse as they go through all the results and checks with me while I'm there. They'll be able to see the weight loss when I get weighed and I'll go through how I've done it with them.

Thanks spendercat. I don't mind feeling the cold more, or having baggy clothes and I feel more like the old me, (which to some people is scary lol). I walk with my head up now instead of down and when I get a twinge for something sweet and tempting, I just think of my health and how good I feel. Next year is our 30th wedding anniversary and just to be excited about having something suave to wear is good enough for me. I should have done this years ago but at least I'm doing this now. Thanks again everyone.
Very well done! I'm still on the treadmill of losing weight - 2 stone down 3 to go! The fun is rediscovering parts of the wardrobe that I had forgotten I had! (Not to mention my colleagues reactions!)

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
The bit I don't like about losing weight is the non-fitting skin, never mind clothes

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Zand, will do. Just the fact that I've gone down about seven ring sizes makes me smile too. You don't think of the little things like that normally but it's good and fingers crossed I'll be wearing more rings soon.
Well done Nicksu, keep up the good work x. And yeah, I've got several articles of clothing in my wardrobe that I want to wear again. I've even kept some boot leg trousers, that I love, for years now and the waist elastic's beggared on them but a bit of faffing about should sort that out.
Lol, I agree spendercat. What bugs me is that hubby's skin is so nice and tight that he hasn't got the toning work to put in. Talk about lucky. Us women don't half have it hard lol :p