Poll - What Sweet Treat Are You Having This Christmas?

Poll - What Sweet Treat Are You Having This Christmas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 308541

None Of The Above - I'm being good!

There is a lot of stone fruit coming into season here so they are not really a treat, mangos, nectarines, plums to name a few.

So will have a graze on some of those probably.

Reactions: asparagusp

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's different isn't it ... :)
What rice , just normal pudding rice x

yes just normal pudding rice...

and the dish looks like Christmas to me ; like a white winter-landscape... and all the almond pieces in it tastes so good...raw or roasted both taste good

and the cherry sauce on top taste fantastic with it... one don´t havve to sweet it that much... maybe even use some artificia sugar to get the sugarload down ,

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I will scoff maltesers and Newbury Fruit Sweeties
And a lot of other naughty things

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If there's one thing that I miss above anything else, it's Christmas cake.

Mrs h-c has had several careers over the years and one of them was running her own business making bespoke cakes - anything from formal wedding cakes to company logos, via replicas of cars and unmentionable parts of the human body :oops:. The main focus of her work was on getting the detail right - piping, decoration, sugar flower work and such like - but it also means that she makes absolutely brilliant fruit cakes, having honed her baking skills over the years. She always made a Christmas cake which, if I'm honest, used to be eaten largely by me, and helped get me through the long, bleak days of January, but she doesn't do it now, because we both accept that I couldn't eat it all, and she wouldn't. Nevertheless, I miss it more than I can say ..... :)

By and large, I'm not a massive pudding person, I prefer savoury stuff; but I still cast a wistful glance at mince pies, when they make an appearance. :hungry:

A

asparagusp

If there's one thing that I miss above anything else, it's Christmas cake.

Mrs h-c has had several careers over the years and one of them was running her own business making bespoke cakes - anything from formal wedding cakes to company logos, via replicas of cars and unmentionable parts of the human body :oops:. The main focus of her work was on getting the detail right - piping, decoration, sugar flower work and such like - but it also means that she makes absolutely brilliant fruit cakes, having honed her baking skills over the years. She always made a Christmas cake which, if I'm honest, used to be eaten largely by me, and helped get me through the long, bleak days of January, but she doesn't do it now, because we both accept that I couldn't eat it all, and she wouldn't. Nevertheless, I miss it more than I can say ..... :)

By and large, I'm not a massive pudding person, I prefer savoury stuff; but I still cast a wistful glance at mince pies, when they make an appearance. :hungry:
Do you have any photos of your wife's cakes you can upload?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have any photos of your wife's cakes you can upload?
We have lots of photos but it was in the days before digital cameras, so nothing I can upload easily. I will see if I can scan a couple, if/when I get the time :)

krs01

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm at work on the 25th so I can not be tempted by sugary treats. (The enhanced pay helps)

A

asparagusp

Enhanced pay - more treats ..... mince pies too are reduced post Christmas Day!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I have a bit of everything? :rolleyes: Probably be sick after all that lot :yuck: