Low carbs and slimming world

Coops65

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi i am newly diagnosed with prediabetes and i have just started slimming world last week. I dont know how i am going to combine low carbs with sw. Totally confused and dont know were to start. Can anyone guve me some advise please?

Reactions: Freema

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I doubt if Slimming World is designed with controlling (or preventing) type 2 diabetes in mind, where as Low Carb is exactly what you need to reduce blood sugars. It also has the added benefit of being good for weight loss. I would give Low Carb absolute priority.
Sally

Reactions: Freema

Craigh270779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i\ve done slimming world before and tbh, i don't think its good for T2, i'm T2 and often found my sugars to be all over the place, the fact they say you can eat as much rice, pasta, muller light etc is asking for trouble imo, its a low fat diet but we all know low fat means its pumped full of other **** to replace it

Reactions: Robbity and Freema

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did SW just for the weigh-in and followed LCHF without telling them. I lost over 10% of my bodyweight (over 6 months) doing that. It was the low fat stuff that put me off trying their diet, along with the fact that they didn't really understand low carb.

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not tried Slimming World but walking with my mum and sister the other day was stopped in the street by a guy with Slimming World Fliers. None of us are overweight having followed the low carb high fat way of eating for over a year now (although mum is still technically diabetic i am no longer on even the pre diabetic scale). I asked him if he really thought we needed to lose weight and he said "oh but you might have a relative who is interested". I assured him that we had a much better way to lose weight but he wasn't interested in that. :)
Anyway - definitely try low carb high fat before Slimming World. I recommend the Dietdoctor.com website for all the free info you need plus recipes and shopping lists etc and the 10 day low carb challenge.

Reactions: Serena51

Coops65

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks everyone for your replies and i dont think im going to be able to do slimming world and follow a lchf way of eating.

clairegra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slimming world SP works ok - can be low carb, Info about it is in the SW book they give out

nadine68

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm new to this and also a SW member. I plan on following LCHF and go to the weigh in. Yes I have to pay for the privilege of standing on scales but I'm hoping it'll keep my enthusiasm going. In the end once I know I can go alone I'll stop SW. Hopefully that's sooner than later x

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm new to this and also a SW member. I plan on following LCHF and go to the weigh in. Yes I have to pay for the privilege of standing on scales but I'm hoping it'll keep my enthusiasm going. In the end once I know I can go alone I'll stop SW. Hopefully that's sooner than later x
There's a weekly Friday weigh in thread on the forum if you like the moral support kind of incentive to help you keep at it - and this way won't cost you a single penny. Put the money towards a new slimmer you outfit instead! :p

Robbity