T1 on pump having lots of pain from fibroids

Hirstygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone offer me any advice please. I started on the pump 3months ago and the change to my diabetes has been great, but the pain I'm suffering each month, at you know that time is becoming unbearable. I was diagnosed with fibroids and given the Mirena coil some three years ago and I had been fine, but since starting on the pump my monthly are heavier much more painful and lasting longer. Has anyone else noticed that pumping has changed their lady cycle its all hormones afterall? I'm thinking I need to go back to my gp but any help is appreciated

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Hirstygirl :)

I don't have fibroids but I do have a pump. I noticed no change in my cycle, and I can't think that a pump would have that effect, unless you're stressed and that's what's affecting it.

Is it possible there's some hormonal change or disruption that's notjing to do with the pump?

Have you seen a doctor/gynae to see what might be causing this change?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It's the fibroids that are making your periods heavier and painful not the pump.

Hirstygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Hirstygirl :)

I don't have fibroids but I do have a pump. I noticed no change in my cycle, and I can't think that a pump would have that effect, unless you're stressed and that's what's affecting it.

Is it possible there's some hormonal change or disruption that's notjing to do with the pump?

Have you seen a doctor/gynae to see what might be causing this change?

Thanks for your reply. It's interesting to know your cycle was not changed after starting on the pump.

Haven't seen dr yet was hoping it would settle down but after three months it hasn't

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your reply. It's interesting to know your cycle was not changed after starting on the pump.

Haven't seen dr yet was hoping it would settle down but after three months it hasn't

Then I'd see a doctor. I really can't think that it would be anything to do with the pump.

I hope you can get it sorted. I can imagine how unpleasant it must be.

Reactions: Hirstygirl