Waterproof bag for kayaking etc

smwsmw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone found a waterproof bumbag type thing large enough to carry insulin, blood test kit and glucose?? While on holiday next summer, hope to go on boat trip which includes snorkelling and kayaking so need to be able to carry the essentials with me. Preferably reasonably stylish but probably can't afford to be that fussy! Thank you in advance for any tips.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My kayak has a small built in compartment so I just double bag anything I want to carry in plastic ziplocs & pop it in there. On very hot days though you may get some condensation. Your best bet might be to check out a good camping/fishing store. Happy holidays :)

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Better to use a small roll and clip bag, which has a plastic loop to which you can attach a cord and karabiner to connect to a loop on kayak. Called a dry bag. Heavy duty fabric is best. Suitable brands include Ortlieb, LifeVenture, Sea to Summit etc. Eg http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/travel/bags---luggage/dry-bag Ignore ultralightweight bags, which are more suitable as rucksack liners.

Reactions: Struma