Hyper symptoms

Robin_H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello. I'm experiencing quite a number of hypers - the insulin just doesn't seem to be working! I've changed all the cartridges and pens but still no improvement. The only way I've been able to reduce bg to an acceptable level is by exercising. I imagine it's due to slowing down for the holidays but the high bg is making me feel uncomfortable. My pulse seems really exaggerated in my head arms and legs. Has anyone else experienced this symptom?

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @Robin_H

If all the cartridges are from the same batch, perhaps that batch is faulty?

Does the weather (temperature) affect you? Assuming you live in the U.K. this sudden cold snap may be affecting you in the same way the hot weather during Summer impacts some people.

Sorry, I don't experience your symptoms.

jodysd6

I have the odd few days where bg's just seem to get stuck, I'm sure I need to change my correction factor or something but then it suddenly changes again. I try to just keep correcting and keep an eye on it whilst also making sure it's not getting dangerous so keeping an eye on ketones too, and making sure I'm drinking enough. I also try to make sure I'm coming down before eating even when covering with meal insulin as otherwise it just stays up there. How long have you had type 1? Are your ratios/correction factors normally pretty accurate?