Feeling the cold.

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, since having my medication changed and upped my sugars have thankfully come down to single figures now (yay) but I now really do feel the cold badly which I've never done before. Has anyone else felt like this and did it improve? Going to the gp in the 2nd week of Jan (following my blood test) to see how well the medicine is doing. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Did you have your thyroids checked out during your annual blood tests? Sometimes, thyroid problem makes one very sensitive to cold, me included.

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wish I had lost weight! Lol it just doesn't want to shift!!
I'm having my bloods done in 2 weeks and have asked my gp to include thyroid testing too, lets see....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I really suffer from the cold, and I work outside!
Before diagnosis, my weight and symptoms kept the cold away. And I was rarely cold even in minus temperatures. My condition is controlled but some symptoms won't go away, itching at night, runny nose, (rhinitis) when I haven't got a cold!
And of course feeling cold!
Winters don't agree with my condition!
I'm great in hot weather, but soon as it gets below ten, my body, just hates it!

Or it could be part of the aging process!

Stay warm! Bloody weather!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Hi all, since having my medication changed and upped my sugars have thankfully come down to single figures now (yay) but I now really do feel the cold badly which I've never done before. Has anyone else felt like this and did it improve? Going to the gp in the 2nd week of Jan (following my blood test) to see how well the medicine is doing. Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Hi, your post really made me think. I suffered from the cold after I started with diabetes, which was a big change for me - I always called everyone here soft southerners and walked round in my shirtsleeves in the winter. The change was really sudden and I even got Reynaud's disease where your fingers turn white and neuropathy in both feet with burning pins and needles. It was about this time that I also stopped drinking any alcohol, started metformin and started dieting, so difficult to say what caused it. However, in the last few months, since I started the LCHF diet (20g carbs), most of the symptoms have gone away completely. Again, I don't understand why, but it does show that these things are reversible.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that I burn ketones for heat when eating low carb - I certainly find that almost everyone has cold hands compared to mine.