Latest Hba1c reading is great news!!

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I rang the surgery today and was told my latest reading is 33.

I have to say I was surprised n delighted with this result as I have UPPED my carbs from very low to medium.

I rarely test these days as I can 'feel'my blood sugars going too high.

I get clammy.

Pre diagnosis I was incredibly sweaty but that no longer happens.

I'm not really able to explain my current success but my best guess would be that my beta cells have had some kind of rejuvenation and can deal with carbs a little better these days?

I would be very interested indeed to hear of anyone in a similar position to myself.

Happy and healthy new year to all on this great forum!

Vinny

Reactions: Ross.Walker

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
HI vinny yes for the last two years I have been no higher than 34....I do control my carbs but have gone from 20g to 50g without any rise...I won't be going higher on the carbs as I am happy to hover in mild ketosis although I do go over on the carbs when I drink beer.

Reactions: VinnyJames

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a good result. Well done. I think it may be that you have lost the weight you needed to. I found losing weight really helped though I was then told by GP to put some back on which I have done and my HbA1c only went up from 33 to 34. I also increased my carbs so now I'm eating about 100g a day rather than about 50g when I was trying to lose weight.

Reactions: VinnyJames

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might be right there. I've lost around 4 stone since diagnosis. I had a lot of visceral fat around the liver.

Reactions: 13lizanne