ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope you received help @autisticwonder1970 and you post tomorrow at the library to let us know how you got on. Gods blessings are on you so HE won't let you down. Keep smiling for some good will come out of it. ;)

Reactions: tina_marie
D

debrasue

Good Morning, my friends,

I had a very miserable Christmas - the worst one in my life. I have financial incapacity with my Asperger Syndrome and gave a lot of my weekly money to a friend, not a very good one, who called himself a bornagain Christian as something called a "tithe", that is when a person gives 1 tenth of their income to God, presumably for His mission on Planet Earth.

The whole of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day was utterly miserable with no human company, nothing to eat, dire living environment and to cap it all I nearly had a full blown hypo on the day after Boxing Day only to find some stale bread in the fridge and save myself from going into a coma. Plus I had no computer and the library (where I am now) was closed so I couldn't log on.

My blood sugar today was 5.3 mmol but I don't know what it's going to be when I take my metformin.

Hope the New Year's better. I can but hope.
Oh, Johnny - I am so sorry to hear this! What a miserable time it must have been for you, and quite frightening too, I imagine. Please take @13lizanne's advice - she talks a lot of sense and it's very good advice. Let us know how you get on,
Big hugs xx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good Morning, my friends,

I had a very miserable Christmas - the worst one in my life. I have financial incapacity with my Asperger Syndrome and gave a lot of my weekly money to a friend, not a very good one, who called himself a bornagain Christian as something called a "tithe", that is when a person gives 1 tenth of their income to God, presumably for His mission on Planet Earth.

The whole of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day was utterly miserable with no human company, nothing to eat, dire living environment and to cap it all I nearly had a full blown hypo on the day after Boxing Day only to find some stale bread in the fridge and save myself from going into a coma. Plus I had no computer and the library (where I am now) was closed so I couldn't log on.

My blood sugar today was 5.3 mmol but I don't know what it's going to be when I take my metformin.

Hope the New Year's better. I can but hope.
I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad time Johnny, my heart goes out to you. I agree with @13lizanne, make sure you speak to the duty social worker and make sure this doesn't happen again. Sending you hugs and best wishes xx

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good afternoon, my dear friends,

I'm feeling better today. I was reimbursed some of the money I bestowed to my Christian friend who is fanatical about the tithing of money and did an adequate shop, budgeting for ready meals, pasta, rice, Bloomer bread and even managed to buy a couple of packets of tomatoes to make my tomato sandwiches.

I'm going to go shopping with my Carer today and buy some more ready meals with my seventy pounds pocket money that comes in an envelope.

I'm also going to the Sainsburys Supermarket so that'll be good.

My blood glucose today is 5.2.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm feeling better today. I was reimbursed some of the money I bestowed to my Christian friend who is fanatical about the tithing of money and did an adequate shop, budgeting for ready meals, pasta, rice, Bloomer bread and even managed to buy a couple of packets of tomatoes to make my tomato sandwiches.

I'm going to go shopping with my Carer today and buy some more ready meals with my seventy pounds pocket money that comes in an envelope.

Well done @autisticwonder1970, I am please that you are both feeling better, and have food in the cupboard.
I would suggest you inform your christian friend that you will donate directly to the church in future, IF you have any funds to do so, once you have paid all your bills and have plenty of food. Tithing died out in the middle ages in this country, a very few people follow it on a voluntary basis, and then only when they can afford it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Enjoy your shop johnny! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done @autisticwonder1970, I am please that you are both feeling better, and have food in the cupboard.
I would suggest you inform your christian friend that you will donate directly to the church in future, IF you have any funds to do so, once you have paid all your bills and have plenty of food. Tithing died out in the middle ages in this country, a very few people follow it on a voluntary basis, and then only when they can afford it.
They get the option of donating their wages or spreading the word with leaflets.
Keep your money for the spring hun, lots of fun to be had.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
They get the option of donating their wages or spreading the word with leaflets.
Keep your money for the spring hun, lots of fun to be had.
Eh! no Vicky, all evangelical churches practice tithing and most distribute leaflets occasionally too, it's all voluntary but there's not an option given of:- either/ or lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Eh! no Vicky, all evangelical churches practice tithing and most distribute leaflets occasionally too, it's all voluntary but there's not an option given of:- either/ or lol
I think I'm thinking of that one jovian witness told me, years ago about their church. I fidnt realise more than jovian witnesses give 50% of their earnings to their church. I thought they were alone with that?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's 10% @ickihun plus lots of Christians give more because they want to. It is, however, entirely voluntary

Reactions: debrasue

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's 10% @ickihun plus lots of Christians give more because they want to. It is, however, entirely voluntary
I know catholics give every sunday then when asked or offer when can. So a tithe is a tenth?
You learn something new everyday.
I don't think mam gave a tenth of my dad's wage. Dad wasn't catholic. He read the bible and koran as a story book.
That's what makes us all different. I'm glad everyone isn't like me. I'd be disputing most of my empty facts. Gained from anywhere and everywhere. lol

Last edited:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Another one here - didn't have any mince pies or chocolate but had Christmas pudding, cake, crisps and some home made Pavlova hence being 5.7 this morning!! However I found the pavlova too sweet so will not be indulging again - have to make one for NY day as will have more visitors to feed!!

I'm graduating my re-LCHF acclimatisation:)

Lots of turkey, roasties, wine and champers a plenty, bars of Lindt, mince pies etc.

I realised yesterday, it was time to get back on the wagon when I had heartburn and a mild headache...first time for both in 9 months....so my body is giving me the nudge and I'm responding from yesterday, when I kicked off with a 5k run:).

I'm going dry and 25g LCHF for a couple of months just to jump start my system!!

Reactions: Daphne917

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends,

I am back at Tate South Lambeth Public Library, South Lambeth Road, Vauxhall, South London.

My blood glucose this morning - fasting - was 5.1 Millimoles Per Litre in between eating tomato sandwiches made with thinly sliced classic round tomatoes from Sainsbury's with salt and pepper on Sainsbury's crusty Bloomer bread with sesame seeds. I also spread Sainsbury's Basics Soft Spread on the bread. I've been up all night drinking hot tea with milk and 3 sweeteners each.

I read your concerned posts about my tithing practices and I think I've been going about it the wrong way doing it through my Christian friend. As one person said, I should attend an act of worship and submit the tithe/offering personally, of course my musculoskeletal pain makes it very difficult to go out nowadays but it's something I intend to do because God is so good to me in every way imaginable and I humble myself before His majestic and splenderous throne. There's a reference to tithing in Malachi Chapter 3 and how we should do this thing. Without touting religion too much, I have a pronounced faith in God and His son Jesus. I'm participating in a course of muscle-strengthening exercises at the moment and also trying to increase my activity levels (like walking to the library from my flat) so I should be able to attend an act of worship at my local church. In the meantime, I now watch Church Without Walls on Revelation Christian Television on Sky and online at www.revelationtv.com where they have the sacrament of holy communion, prayer, hymns and intercessions.

Blessings to all my special friends,

Love you lots,

From,

Johnny x X x

Edited by a mod to maintain privacy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: debrasue

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please that you seem to have your blood sugars under control @autisticwonder1970

I read your reference to the book of Malachi with interest. It is true that under the law of Moses Tithes were payable

BUT

BELIEVERS ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW.
Romans, Galatians, and other New Testament passages make it clear that Christians are not under the law of Moses. That does not mean that we are lawless, because we are under the law of Christ (1 Cor. 9:20-21; James 1:25; 2:8, 12; Rom. 13:8-10). Those aspects of the Mosaic law that reflect the moral character of God are valid under the New Covenant and are repeated as commands in the New Testament. But the church is never commanded to tithe.

I hope that quoting the above helps you to understand that while the church encourages gifts (of money) it is not mandatory

God Bless!

D

debrasue

I guess the key part, though, is that you can choose to tithe part of your OWN income to the church, rather than lifting 10% of somebody else's!!! :meh:

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

Good Morning, my good friends,

I am back at Tate South Lambeth Public Library, South Lambeth Road, Vauxhall, South London.

My blood glucose this morning - fasting - was 5.1 Millimoles Per Litre in between eating tomato sandwiches made with thinly sliced classic round tomatoes from Sainsbury's with salt and pepper on Sainsbury's crusty Bloomer bread with sesame seeds. I also spread Sainsbury's Basics Soft Spread on the bread. I've been up all night drinking hot tea with milk and 3 sweeteners each.

I read your concerned posts about my tithing practices and I think I've been going about it the wrong way doing it through my Christian friend. As one person said, I should attend an act of worship and submit the tithe/offering personally, of course my musculoskeletal pain makes it very difficult to go out nowadays but it's something I intend to do because God is so good to me in every way imaginable and I humble myself before His majestic and splenderous throne. There's a reference to tithing in Malachi Chapter 3 and how we should do this thing. Without touting religion too much, I have a pronounced faith in God and His son Jesus. I'm participating in a course of muscle-strengthening exercises at the moment and also trying to increase my activity levels (like walking to the library from my flat) so I should be able to attend an act of worship at my local church. In the meantime, I now watch Church Without Walls on Revelation Christian Television on Sky and online at www.revelationtv.com where they have the sacrament of holy communion, prayer, hymns and intercessions.

Blessings to all my special friends,

Love you lots,

From,

Johnny x X x

Edited by a mod to maintain privacy
Hi Johnny
I'm glad that you're back on track again now and have some food in the flat - and that's a good BS reading, too, well done!
Although I agree with many of its tenets I don't follow the Christian faith personally, but I have great respect for those who do, and I think your decision to take care of your own donations to the church is a sound one. After all, it's a personal decision so it seems right that it should be done personally. :)
Hugs x

Reactions: Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I guess the key part, though, is that you can choose to tithe part of your OWN income to the church, rather than lifting 10% of somebody else's!!! :meh:
Debra, I wasn't there when Johnny was relieved of his money and so can't make a comment on the intentions of his friend. Or even know for sure what actually happened. I was merely putting the facts about religious tithing to Vicky who made me laugh with her post. I think that we are all getting a bit judgemental here about something that is literally heresay