Such a thing as low carb bread or snack bars?

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
TESCO have brought in a high protein loaf which is really nice and lasts ages. 10g carbs per slice and 88 calories.
We have a tesco quite near but it's a wee one, I'll have a look tho thank you

foxy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just bought a Burgens loaf of bread which is really good and tasty. The slices are quite a bit thicker than most breads but being lower in carbs I've been able to incorporate it into my diet very well.

There is one thing I am meticulous about and that is I always weigh each slice all the time as they can be anything from 25g to 40g a slice and therefore the carbs or cals can differ quite a lot.

992947x

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought livlife low carb bread from waitrose a couple of days ago. 3.8g of carbs per slice, and it seems to do the trick.

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just bought a Burgens loaf of bread which is really good and tasty. The slices are quite a bit thicker than most breads but being lower in carbs I've been able to incorporate it into my diet very well.

There is one thing I am meticulous about and that is I always weigh each slice all the time as they can be anything from 25g to 40g a slice and therefore the carbs or cals can differ quite a lot.
oh gosh I had a slice of that today with bacon, didn't think to weigh it! I will now though, thank you.

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought livlife low carb bread from waitrose a couple of days ago. 3.8g of carbs per slice, and it seems to do the trick.
thanks, think can only get that from waitrose in Glasgow, might have to get hubs to take me in

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have a tesco quite near but it's a wee one, I'll have a look tho thank you
It's their own make - TESCO finest high protein farmhouse. It's 80p. Went to get one today but none on the shelf. Ah well maybe tomorrow.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

It's their own make - TESCO finest high protein farmhouse. It's 80p. Went to get one today but none on the shelf. Ah well maybe tomorrow.
I got the high protein loaf in Tesco, but had to go to the massive store - @AvaK it was the big Tesco in Maryhill if that is any use to you.

I liked the Tesco bread - the slices are smaller and less seedy that Burgen, but nice for a change.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the high protein loaf in Tesco, but had to go to the massive store - @AvaK it was the big Tesco in Maryhill if that is any use to you.

I liked the Tesco bread - the slices are smaller and less seedy that Burgen, but nice for a change.
I really like the new Tesco bread, its mid-size, bigger than the tiny Livlife but smaller than Burgen. Perhaps about the same size as my current favourite, Vogel.

Liverlad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Waterfields and Greenhalghs the bakers both do a low GI loaf , extremely tasty indeed . The carbs are still there but with it being LOW GI they only drip feed the carbs into your system . Well worth a taste and a try by anyone , not just Diabetics like ourselves . My kids love it more than other bread and they are not diabetics

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll check next time we're there, thank you

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waterfields and Greenhalghs the bakers both do a low GI loaf , extremely tasty indeed . The carbs are still there but with it being LOW GI they only drip feed the carbs into your system . Well worth a taste and a try by anyone , not just Diabetics like ourselves . My kids love it more than other bread and they are not diabetics
Never heard of those two places, don't have them up here which is a shame!

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really like the new Tesco bread, its mid-size, bigger than the tiny Livlife but smaller than Burgen. Perhaps about the same size as my current favourite, Vogel.
I'll def be looking out for this

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Am in Wishaw so that's a wee bit away from us, will see if one near us does it and if not will get hubs hunting for a larger Tesco lol

Reactions: kimrooney89

Pauline2015

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was in lidl supermarket just now and almost bought the low GI bread, but glad now that I did not - it is 36 percent carbs. The high protein rolls are actually within my normal range - 8.5 percent carbs - but they did not have any.
That's the problem with Lidl high protein rolls they are very popular I buy a weeks worth and freeze them and take one out per day.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks, think can only get that from waitrose in Glasgow, might have to get hubs to take me in

They do home delivery. It was free with a smart pass not sure if the offer still on or not

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
That's the problem with Lidl high protein rolls they are very popular I buy a weeks worth and freeze them and take one out per day.
I prefer the texture of them after they've been frozen and defrosted and my non diabetic husband loves them too. We usually buy a couple of dozen at a time or whatever they've got left.

foxy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a little bit of info -
Burgen slice 33g = 93 cals 8 carbs ... Tesco Finest high protein 33g = 89 cals 10 carbs

Murphycat

I have just had chicken tikka and home made salads for dinner. I really miss rice and naan breads so have poppadums instead. Because they are light in weight they are low carb. The Sharwoods ones I am looking at now are 3.2 carbs each. I eat them for a snack or a crisp substitute if I am desperate!