Online Prescriptions

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Recently moved my daughters repeat to an online service and have had a really positive experience so far. She has over 10 items on repeat and we only really need the test strips and needles on a regular basis. We already have enough Insulin supply for a good few months. The Glucose Gels and Urine Strips etc. have never even been touched.

So using the online service we requested only the Needles. About 9 days later they arrived at my door in a sturdy container. Certainly beats waiting in line at Sainsburys to then get told the fridge has broken so they can't give us the Insulin!!

Am really liking being able to manage it this way rather than getting the whole repeat prescription every time. Might even be saving the NHS some money....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is the 'online service' through your daughters gp surgery website?

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's through a national website that our GP surgery has signed up to. Was pretty easy to set up. Was quite shocked when I logged in a couple of weeks after registering and all the prescription items were listed....shocked in a nice way.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@T1Dad . Nice to hear positivity regarding prescriptions. Sounds like you've hit on a winner. Long may it continue.:):):):):):)

wilbo1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I am really interested in online prescriptions -- I am more or less housebound and am experiencing immense difficulties picking my prescription up . I have had to move away from my family , so I was overjoyed when my GP wrote to me saying she was moving across to eps , but when I come to register with Diabetes UK website for home delivery I am prevented as apparently I live just a few hundred yards across the Welsh border . My present chemist (Boots) never said anything when I asked for my repeat forms as I was transferring to home delivery . I have had a look at Pharmacy2U website and they don't mention they only provide home delivery services to houses in England , but apparently they do . So , I don't pay for my prescriptions because I am 68 , disabled and diabetic - but no one can help me as I do not live in England ?? Has anyone got any ideas which may be helpful to me please ???

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We use the one you mentioned @wilbo1948.
I'm pretty sure they will deliver to you. Ring them to confirm.

wilbo1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I m misread. So use the link I provided to the NHS online service.
Yeah , that link was very interesting , but I don't seem to have made myself very clear --- I can obtain an electronic prescription from my GP no trouble -- my problem is being housebound and not well enough to get to the chemist to pick my prescription up anyway . I can get there on my mobility scooter if I'm having a good day , but waiting for a good day to come around can take a week or two meaning I can sometimes run out of some medications .

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I've used the online prescription service provided by my surgery for quite a few years now ordering just what is needed.

However when the EPS Electronic Prescription Service started it didnt work for me and was told it was because i had Lancets on my repeat prescription! Rather puzzling really. I went to my surgery once to pick up the old school paper prescription only to be told it had been sent electronically to my pharmacy only to find it had gotten lost in the system. So I'm back o collecting the paper version, always there ready and waiting a day earlier than the 2 working days it states it takes to be ready for collection.

Regards
Martin

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Yeah , that link was very interesting , but I don't seem to have made myself very clear --- I can obtain an electronic prescription from my GP no trouble -- my problem is being housebound and not well enough to get to the chemist to pick my prescription up anyway . I can get there on my mobility scooter if I'm having a good day , but waiting for a good day to come around can take a week or two meaning I can sometimes run out of some medications .
Have you asked Boots if they will deliver to you? I live in Cornwall and all the pharmacies around here do home delivery for prescriptions. If this isn't an option would a neighbour not collect for you?

wilbo1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We use the one you mentioned @wilbo1948.
I'm pretty sure they will deliver to you. Ring them to confirm.
Thanks for your help and suggestions , but pharmacy2u replied saying they only operate within England , whereas my GP is on the NHS Wales system , and the two aren't joined up . I shall just have to keep trawling . . . . . .

Reactions: CarbsRok

wilbo1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you asked Boots if they will deliver to you? I live in Cornwall and all the pharmacies around here do home delivery for prescriptions. If this isn't an option would a neighbour not collect for you?
Ah ah ah , this is Wales you know . Boots certainly didn't help when I asked - I don't think there is another chemist nearby , but I shall keep persevering . Thanks for your help and suggestions .

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Ah ah ah , this is Wales you know . Boots certainly didn't help when I asked - I don't think there is another chemist nearby , but I shall keep persevering . Thanks for your help and suggestions .
Did you ask them directly if they did home deliveries? If not do so and speak to the pharmacist as s/he would know more than general staff.

clarejenkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salad as makes me vomit, all raw vegetables, nuts etc give me indigestion
Thanks for your help and suggestions , but pharmacy2u replied saying they only operate within England , whereas my GP is on the NHS Wales system , and the two aren't joined up . I shall just have to keep trawling . . . . . .
Thanks for the info about EPS only being in England. It would be heLPful if Diabetes.UK made this clear when promoting the service and also on the EPS website having read all the info and the testimonials I typE in my postcode and only English practices appear. Was about to ask why when read your post!

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just noticed on the Lloyds Pharmacy website it says "did you know that you can get your NHS Repeat Prescription delivered to a UK address of your choice for FREE?" so specifically UK rather than England - that is if there is one anywhere near you of course!

clarejenkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salad as makes me vomit, all raw vegetables, nuts etc give me indigestion
Just noticed on the Lloyds Pharmacy website it says "did you know that you can get your NHS Repeat Prescription delivered to a UK address of your choice for FREE?" so specifically UK rather than England - that is if there is one anywhere near you of course![/QUOTE
yes they deliver but not in eps system