Diabetic Daisy

Samh3891

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi daisy im 25 too had it for 20 years. I only joined this site a few days ago but to be able to relate and talk to people who are in similar scenarios is great. Like yourself I've had a couple of years of not being a role diabetic and now going forward to change. If you didn't mind me asking, last few eye check ups I have had the letter comes back with signs of retinopathy how did yours come about and does it affect you?

bootyful0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
running
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to write an open post for anyone who may need diabetic ear to share their problems.

Anyway.. I'm Daisy, I'm 25, I'm an account manager for a food company (the temptations are absurd, I'm talking free cakes 24/7) and I've had type 1 diabetes for 18 years.
6 months ago I decided to accept my diabetes, finally..

Now that I actually talk openly about my diabetes for my own safety, I've found that there are actually other Diabetics out there A friend of mine who never knew I was Diabetic has a teenage niece who is type 1 who is in a bad way with it. Cut a long story short, I now speak to her as a 'real diabetic person' to try to help her avoid the mistakes I made by only growing up diabetically at 25. I only wish someone had taught me a lesson or two before I went off the rails for 10 years.

Until recently, I was down in the dumps with everything and blamed my diabetes. My HBA1c was very high.
I am kind of healthier now, my HBA1c is pretty good. I am due laser for retinopathy which scares me but that's ok. My freestyle libre has been my saviour. I am due to get a pump in the next few months.

If anyone wants to chat then feel free to send me a message. Neither I or my diabetes are perfect, but going from a really bad unhealthy place to now seeing a less scary and stable future means I've got lots of diabetic love to give

Xxxx
Hi Daisy, I'm getting on ok with my T2 but I just wanted to say I think you are a star. What you're doing is just wonderful. Im glad your T1 is getting better. May all your wishes and dreams come true for the new year x