Annual check up reveals 'non diabetes'

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an interesting consultation with an eccentric but very pleasant GP from the Czech Republic today.

My latest hba1c is 33.

The GP was very animated and threw his hands up in the air and said what you have got is non diabetes! He repeated this 3 times lol.

He said if lowering blood sugars was a sport he would send me to the olympics .

I told him that there was a fair few people who wouldn't let me say non diabetes and he laughed and put his finger to his lips and said shhhhhhh.

Best consultation ever!!!!!

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Your HbA1c results have been below the specified limit for diabetes for 3 years.

Whatever you are doing it is working. Well done.

Is the condition reversed? Not sure about that. What would happen if you reverted to old eating habits?

Reactions: dbr10

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your HbA1c results have been below the specified limit for diabetes for 3 years.

Whatever you are doing it is working. Well done.

Is the condition reversed? Not sure about that. What would happen if you reverted to old eating habits?

I would get diabetes I think! My carb intake was unrelenting and I was very sedentary. I had forgotten until today the GP actually questioned if I was perhaps pre-diabetes at diagnosis.

It was all a bit fast paced for me and I didn't think to ask about being taken off the register.

He mentioned something about ADA (American Diabetic Association) no longer classifying you as diabetic if your reading was non diabetic over a long number of years. I can't remember the details.

I'm furious with myself for not absorbing the info a bit better...

As things stand at the moment though I can't see a time when I get a diabetic hba1c as I love my new eating regime too much (it's not a diet).

But yes, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Vinny you sound just like me. Just a few months back I was too lazy to get another beer from the fridge. Now I have stopped beer completely and have become an obsessive walker.

Eating LCHF is not a diet to me. It is more of a habit now. When i see all the junk my colleagues shovel down I almost feel sorry for them.