Waiting time for pump

samantha13

I'm seeing my consultant on Tues and I'm wondering if he should suggest the pump to me how long can i expect to wait before I'd get one?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It seems to vary area by area. For me the wait was dependent on when the pump trainer could fit me in. I think I waited two or three months :)

samantha13

It might not be mentioned but I like to have an idea just incase. My anxiety likes to be prepared lol. We are hoping to apply for adoption this year and need my hbA1c lower so was wondering if it would maybe delay the adoption process but I guess I'll know more on Tues

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I asked beginning of November about getting a pump. Had an appointment 2 weeks later and got the paperwork sorted. I get my pump on 23rd this month :). Think that was purely because I said I didn't mind and the dsn was all for getting me started asap :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It might not be mentioned but I like to have an idea just incase. My anxiety likes to be prepared lol. We are hoping to apply for adoption this year and need my hbA1c lower so was wondering if it would maybe delay the adoption process but I guess I'll know more on Tues

Ask them if they don't mention it :)

Reactions: samantha13

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey
I'm some areas they get you to go onto a DAFNE course before they go down the route of a pump what I had to do, but it is a good course to go on x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm seeing my consultant on Tues and I'm wondering if he should suggest the pump to me how long can i expect to wait before I'd get one?

Hopefully not too long of a wait for you @samantha13 , from approval to actually pumping insulin I waited about 3 months, but it can vary as @azure says.