Eyesight better ?

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was wearing glasses for 5 years.6 weeks ago sudden change from -0.75 / - 1.25 to -2.50 both eyes. Diagnosed 2 weeks ago and 2nd week on zicron tab. Today went for eye test and surprise... dont need glasses anymore (20/20). Advised for another test in 2 weeks i hope thats normal.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi there. Large changes in blood sugar can absolutely cause changes in vision. Often this is temporary until things settle down. It is best to not change anything regarding prescriptions until your sugars have been stable for a while.

Reactions: billiz

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was wearing glasses for 5 years.6 weeks ago sudden change from -0.75 / - 1.25 to -2.50 both eyes. Diagnosed 2 weeks ago and 2nd week on zicron tab. Today went for eye test and surprise... dont need glasses anymore (20/20). Advised for another test in 2 weeks i hope thats normal.
It's entirely possible that your T2D unfortunately went undiagnosed for some time. To go with what @chalup has said, if you were undiagnosed for some time, then your BG levels will have been elevated which could have had an impact on your vision.

Reactions: billiz

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there. Large changes in blood sugar can absolutely cause changes in vision. Often this is temporary until things settle down. It is best to not change anything regarding prescriptions until your sugars have been stable for a while.
@chalup same advised by my optician to wait for alteast couple of months . Waiting for it to settle down

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's entirely possible that your T2D unfortunately went undiagnosed for some time. To go with what @chalup has said, if you were undiagnosed for some time, then your BG levels will have been elevated which could have had an impact on your vision.
@GrantGam1337 i think that was the case now its back to -1.0 both eyes.just wait for it to settle down. Thanks for ur advise

Ebbie56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Same thing happened to me, went from -2.75 to -1.75 now +2. It was the first thing that alerted me so I went to the optician and he said it as a sign of diabetes and to go to the doctor. Am on 2 metformin and have to increase to Four metformin but the third tablet has upset my stomach, anyone else suffered similar symptoms? Thanks

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same thing happened to me, went from -2.75 to -1.75 now +2. It was the first thing that alerted me so I went to the optician and he said it as a sign of diabetes and to go to the doctor. Am on 2 metformin and have to increase to Four metformin but the third tablet has upset my stomach, anyone else suffered similar symptoms? Thanks

you can make a threat of your own and ask.. ten you are more sure that people see your question...
then you can also get a propper welcme... but anyway I´ll tag @daisy so you´ll get the welcome infrmation everyon new in here gets here..

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi ebbie56 and welcome to the forum. Ask your doctor for the extended release metformin if your stomach issues persist.

Lordy5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My eyesight got better too after receiving treatment for my Diabetes. For the last year or so I have needed reading glasses but after two or three months of healthy eating, metaformin and a bit more exercise my eyesight has returned to normal again. It was a really nice surprise when that happened but afterwards I read up a little on it and it seems its not that uncommon for people who get their sugars down.

Reactions: noblehead